2013 Code of Alabama
Title 30 - MARITAL AND DOMESTIC RELATIONS.
Chapter 3C - ALABAMA UNIFORM CHILD ABDUCTION PREVENTION ACT.
Section 30-3C-6 - Contents of petition.
A petition under this chapter must be verified and include a copy of any existing child-custody determination, if available. If a child-custody determination is not available, the petition must state the petitioner's right to make a petition, as described under subsection (b) of Section 30-3C-4, and provide the basis for that right to make a petition under this chapter. The petition also must specify the risk factors for abduction, including the relevant factors described in Section 30-3C-7. Subject to the protections provided by subsection (e) of Section 30-3B-209 of the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act, if reasonably ascertainable, the petition must contain:
(1) the name, date of birth, and gender of the child;
(2) the usual places of abode and current physical location of the child;
(3) the identity, usual places of abode, and current physical location of the petitioner and respondent, and an explanation of the relationship between the petitioner and the child at issue in the petition that states the authority of the petitioner to make a petition under this chapter, in accordance with subsection (b) of Section 30-3C-4;
(4) a statement of whether a prior action to prevent abduction or domestic violence has been filed by or against a party or other individual who has custody of the child, and the date, location, and status of the action. If the petitioner is the Department of Human Resources, or any agency or entity that has custody of the child at issue under the petition, that entity need only provide a statement of whether a prior action to prevent abduction or domestic violence has been filed with regard to the child at issue in the petition being made, and need not make a statement of all such filings made in other cases by such entity;
(5) a statement of whether a party to the proceeding has been arrested for a crime related to domestic violence, stalking, or child abuse or neglect, and the date, location, and disposition of the case;
(6) any other information required to be submitted to the court for a child-custody determination under Section 30-3B-209 of the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act; and
(7) a statement of any action taken pursuant to Article 7A of Chapter 3 of this title the Alabama Parent-Child Relationship Protection Act.(Act 2010-212, p. 339, §6.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.