2013 Code of Alabama
Title 30 - MARITAL AND DOMESTIC RELATIONS.
Chapter 3B - UNIFORM CHILD CUSTODY JURISDICTION AND ENFORCEMENT ACT.
Section 30-3B-112 - Cooperation between courts; preservation of records.
(a) A court of this state may request the appropriate court of another state to:
(1) Hold an evidentiary hearing;
(2) Order a person to produce or give evidence pursuant to procedures of that state;
(3) Order that an evaluation be made with respect to the custody of a child involved in a pending proceeding;
(4) Forward to the court of this state a certified copy of the transcript of the record of the hearing, the evidence otherwise presented, and any evaluation prepared in compliance with the request; and
(5) Order a party to a child custody proceeding or any person having physical custody of the child to appear in the proceeding with or without the child.
(b) Upon request of a court of another state, a court of this state may hold a hearing or enter an order described in subsection (a).
(c) Travel and other necessary and reasonable expenses incurred under subsections (a) and (b) may be assessed against the parties according to the law of this state.
(d) A court of this state shall preserve the pleadings, orders, decrees, records of hearings, evaluations, and other pertinent records with respect to a child custody proceeding until the child attains 19 years of age. Upon appropriate request by a court or law enforcement official of another state, the court shall forward a certified copy of those records.(Act 99-438, p. 886, §1.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.