2013 Code of Alabama
Article 1 Rewards.
Title 15 - CRIMINAL PROCEDURE.
Chapter 9 - FUGITIVES FROM JUSTICE, EXTRADITION AND DETAINERS.
- Section 15-9-1 - Information leading to arrest and conviction - Crimes punishable by death or life imprisonment.
- Section 15-9-2 - Information leading to arrest and conviction - High crime or misdemeanor committed in municipality.
- Section 15-9-3 - Governor may offer reward for apprehension or rearrest of perpetrator of felony or escaped, etc., felon.
- Section 15-9-4 - Deciding of claims to rewards by courts.
Division 1 General Provisions.
- Section 15-9-30 - Duty of Governor to have arrested and deliver foreign fugitive.
- Section 15-9-31 - Form of demand.
- Section 15-9-32 - Investigation of demand.
- Section 15-9-33 - What supporting documents to show.
- Section 15-9-34 - Surrender of person committing act in Alabama resulting in crime in another state.
- Section 15-9-35 - Arrest warrant - Issuance; contents.
- Section 15-9-36 - Arrest warrant - Authorization to arresting officer.
- Section 15-9-37 - Authority of arresting officer to command assistance; refusal to assist arresting officer.
- Section 15-9-38 - Right of arrestee to be informed; application for writ of habeas corpus; penalty for violation of section.
- Section 15-9-39 - Confinement of prisoner.
- Section 15-9-40 - Arrest prior to requisition.
- Section 15-9-41 - Arrest without warrant - When authorized; persons authorized to make arrest; appearance of accused before judge.
- Section 15-9-42 - Arrest without warrant - Commitment to jail or admission to bail.
- Section 15-9-43 - Arrest without warrant - When accused to be admitted to bail; conditions of bail.
- Section 15-9-44 - Arrest without warrant - Failure to arrest accused on Governor's warrant within time specified.
- Section 15-9-45 - Arrest without warrant - Forfeiture of bail.
- Section 15-9-46 - When prosecution already instituted in Alabama.
- Section 15-9-47 - Inquiry into guilt or innocence of accused.
- Section 15-9-48 - Constraint on use for collection of debt, demand or claim.
- Section 15-9-49 - Recall of warrant or issuance of alias.
- Section 15-9-60 - Warrant for fugitives from Alabama.
- Section 15-9-61 - Application by district attorney to Governor for requisition; filing and forwarding of papers and requisition.
- Section 15-9-62 - Payment of expenses of returning accused to Alabama; fees and expenses of officers.
- Section 15-9-63 - Exemption from process in civil actions.
- Section 15-9-64 - Trial for crimes other than those specified in requisition.
- Section 15-9-65 - Fees and expenses of sheriff when accused returns without requisition.
- Section 15-9-80 - Short title.
- Section 15-9-81 - Adoption and text of agreement on detainers.
- Section 15-9-82 - Right of prisoner to final disposition of untried indictments, etc., pending against him; duty of official having custody of prisoners to inform prisoners of untried indictments, etc.; failure to notify prisoners of filing of detainers.
- Section 15-9-83 - Action by official having custody of prisoner upon receipt of request for final determination.
- Section 15-9-84 - Time within which indictment, etc., to be brought to trial; continuances; failure to bring indictment, etc., to trial within specified time.
- Section 15-9-85 - Escape by prisoner after request filed.
- Section 15-9-86 - Article inapplicable to mentally ill persons.
- Section 15-9-87 - Notice to prisoners of provisions of article.
- Section 15-9-88 - Construction of article.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.