2013 Code of Alabama
Article 1 General Provisions.
Title 15 - CRIMINAL PROCEDURE.
Chapter 8 - INDICTMENTS.
- Section 15-8-1 - "Indictment" defined.
- Section 15-8-2 - Indictable offenses.
- Section 15-8-3 - Required contents.
- Section 15-8-4 - Formal defects not fatal.
- Section 15-8-5 - Construction of words used.
- Section 15-8-20 - Offenses charged or described as at common law.
- Section 15-8-21 - Statutory language unnecessary.
- Section 15-8-22 - General terms used for special statutory terms.
- Section 15-8-23 - Manner of stating act constituting offense.
- Section 15-8-24 - When alleged act done in public place suffices.
- Section 15-8-25 - How facts constituting offense to be stated.
- Section 15-8-26 - Charging of unknown facts.
- Section 15-8-27 - Allegation of unknown means.
- Section 15-8-28 - Name of defendant when unknown.
- Section 15-8-29 - General allegation of intent to injure or defraud.
- Section 15-8-30 - Statement of time.
- Section 15-8-31 - Allegation of venue unnecessary; proof of same at trial.
- Section 15-8-32 - Statement of legal presumptions and matters judicially known unnecessary.
- Section 15-8-33 - How ownership of property alleged.
- Section 15-8-34 - Description of animal in indictment for offense concerning same.
- Section 15-8-35 - Indictment for forgery of instrument destroyed or withheld.
- Section 15-8-36 - Perjury and subornation of perjury; indictment.
- Section 15-8-50 - Allegation of different means or intents.
- Section 15-8-51 - Charging different results from same act.
- Section 15-8-52 - Joinder of offenses in same count.
- Section 15-8-70 - Presentation to court and endorsement; limitations on entry in minutes and inspection.
- Section 15-8-71 - Withdrawal and filing of indictment with leave to reinstate same.
- Section 15-8-72 - Recording and safekeeping; when record book required to be produced; use of photograph or photostat machines.
- Section 15-8-90 - When allowed.
- Section 15-8-91 - Prosecution dismissed where amendment not consented to by defendant; new indictment; form of entry of record.
- Section 15-8-110 - Preferring of new indictment; form of entry of record.
- Section 15-8-111 - Utilization of record copy.
- Section 15-8-130 - Permission of court required to quash, dismiss, etc., indictment.
- Section 15-8-131 - Preferring of new indictment where judgment arrested or original indictment quashed; entry of record.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.