2013 Code of Alabama
Article 1 Search Warrants.
Title 15 - CRIMINAL PROCEDURE.
Chapter 5 - SEARCHES AND SEIZURES.
- Section 15-5-1 - "Search warrant" defined.
- Section 15-5-2 - Grounds for issuance.
- Section 15-5-3 - Probable cause and affidavit required.
- Section 15-5-4 - Examination of complainant and witnesses; contents of depositions.
- Section 15-5-5 - Issuance of warrant.
- Section 15-5-6 - Form.
- Section 15-5-7 - By whom executed.
- Section 15-5-8 - When executed; time of execution to be stated.
- Section 15-5-9 - Authority of serving officer to break into house.
- Section 15-5-10 - Taking of property.
- Section 15-5-11 - Receipt for property taken.
- Section 15-5-12 - Warrant to be executed and returned within 10 days.
- Section 15-5-13 - Contents of return; copies to be furnished.
- Section 15-5-14 - Disposition of taken property by court if property stolen or embezzled.
- Section 15-5-15 - Hearing on controverted grounds; authentication of testimony as to such facts.
- Section 15-5-16 - Restoration of taken property to defendant; property to be forwarded to court if not restored.
- Section 15-5-17 - Searching of person charged with felony for weapon or evidence in judge's or magistrate's presence.
- Section 15-5-18 - Payment of fees and costs.
- Section 15-5-19 - Penalty for procuring maliciously and without probable cause.
- Section 15-5-30 - Authority of peace officer to stop and question.
- Section 15-5-31 - Search for dangerous weapon; procedure if weapon or other thing found.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.