2013 Code of Alabama
Article 1 General Provisions.
Title 15 - CRIMINAL PROCEDURE.
Chapter 12 - DEFENSE OF INDIGENTS.
- Section 15-12-1 - Definitions.
- Section 15-12-2 - Determination as to indigent defense systems to be used in circuit, district and municipal courts.
- Section 15-12-3 - Presiding circuit judges to administer indigent defense systems within circuits; adoption of rules for effectuation of systems by circuit courts.
- Section 15-12-4 - Voluntary indigent defense advisory boards.
- Section 15-12-5 - Determination of indigency and provision of defense services.
- Section 15-12-6 - Compensation of appointed counsel.
- Section 15-12-20 - Matters to be ascertained by trial judges as to representation of defendants prior to arraignment.
- Section 15-12-21 - Appointment and compensation of counsel - Trial court.
- Section 15-12-22 - Appointment and compensation of counsel - Appeals.
- Section 15-12-23 - Appointment and compensation of counsel - Post-conviction proceedings.
- Section 15-12-24 - Calculation of rates.
- Section 15-12-24.1 - Withdrawals from fair trial tax fund to pay expenses.
- Section 15-12-25 - Reimbursement of fees of court appointed counsel by defendant; default.
- Section 15-12-26 - Contract counsel system - Selection and appointment of counsel..
- Section 15-12-27 - Contract counsel system - Procedures mandatory.
- Section 15-12-28 - Contract counsel system - Records, reports, and attorney-client communications.
- Section 15-12-29 - Contract counsel system - Construction of sections.
- Section 15-12-40 - Establishment of public defender office; selection and appointment of attorneys.
- Section 15-12-41 - Term of office; removal; requirement of service.
- Section 15-12-42 - Powers and duties.
- Section 15-12-43 - Compensation and expenses.
- Section 15-12-44 - Recordkeeping; confidentiality of attorney-client communications.
- Section 15-12-45 - Approval of expenditures, salaries, etc.; employment of assistants, investigators, etc.
- Section 15-12-46 - Applicability of article to establishment of appointed counsel or contract counsel systems, etc.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.