2013 Code of Alabama
Title 13A - CRIMINAL CODE.
Chapter 11 - OFFENSES AGAINST PUBLIC ORDER AND SAFETY.
Article 1 Offenses Against Public Order and Decency.
- Section 13A-11-1 - Definitions.
- Section 13A-11-2 - Treason.
- Section 13A-11-3 - Riot.
- Section 13A-11-4 - Inciting to riot.
- Section 13A-11-5 - Unlawful assembly.
- Section 13A-11-6 - Failure of disorderly persons to disperse.
- Section 13A-11-7 - Disorderly conduct.
- Section 13A-11-8 - Harassment or harassing communications.
- Section 13A-11-9 - Loitering.
- Section 13A-11-10 - Public intoxication.
- Section 13A-11-10.1 - Open house parties; when not allowed to continue; exceptions; penalties.
- Section 13A-11-11 - Falsely reporting an incident.
- Section 13A-11-12 - Desecration of venerated objects.
- Section 13A-11-13 - Abuse of corpse.
- Section 13A-11-14 - Cruelty to animals.
- Section 13A-11-14.1 - Aggravated cruelty to animals.
- Section 13A-11-15 - Killing a dog used by a peace officer; penalty; exception.
- Section 13A-11-16 - Greyhounds used for racing to be put to death by lethal injection.
- Section 13A-11-17 - Disrupting a funeral or memorial service.
Article 2 Offenses Against Privacy.
- Section 13A-11-30 - Definitions.
- Section 13A-11-31 - Criminal eavesdropping.
- Section 13A-11-32 - Criminal surveillance.
- Section 13A-11-32.1 - Aggravated criminal surveillance.
- Section 13A-11-33 - Installing eavesdropping device.
- Section 13A-11-34 - Criminal possession of eavesdropping device.
- Section 13A-11-35 - Divulging illegally-obtained information.
- Section 13A-11-36 - Defenses to prosecutions under article.
- Section 13A-11-37 - Forfeiture of eavesdropping device.
Article 3 Offenses Relating to Firearms and Weapons.
Division 1 General Provisions.
- Section 13A-11-50 - Carrying concealed weapons.
- Section 13A-11-51 - Evidence of apprehension of attack may mitigate punishment, etc.
- Section 13A-11-52 - Carrying pistol on private property; who may carry pistol.
- Section 13A-11-53 - Brass knuckles and slingshots.
- Section 13A-11-54 - Carrying rifle or shotgun walking cane.
- Section 13A-11-55 - Indictment for carrying weapons unlawfully; proof.
- Section 13A-11-56 - Using firearms while fighting in public place.
- Section 13A-11-57 - Selling, etc., pistol or bowie knife to minor.
- Section 13A-11-58 - Sale of firearms or ammunition to residents of other states; purchase in other states.
- Section 13A-11-58.1 - Improper transfer of firearm or weapon; providing false information to dealer.
- Section 13A-11-59 - Possession of firearms by persons participating in, attending, etc., demonstrations at public places.
- Section 13A-11-60 - Possession or sale of brass or steel teflon-coated handgun ammunition; applicability of section.
- Section 13A-11-61 - Discharging firearm, etc., into occupied or unoccupied building, etc., prohibited; penalty.
- Section 13A-11-61.1 - Discharging into a school bus or school building.
- Section 13A-11-61.2 - Possession of firearms in certain places.
- Section 13A-11-61.3 - Regulation of firearms, ammunition, and firearm accessories.
Division 1A Rifles and Shotguns.
- Section 13A-11-62 - Definitions.
- Section 13A-11-63 - Possession, sale, etc., of short-barreled rifle or short-barreled shotgun; applicability.
- Section 13A-11-64 - Alteration, etc., of manufacturer's number, etc., of firearm; possession, etc., of firearm after identification altered.
- Section 13A-11-65 - Penalty.
- Section 13A-11-66 - This division supplemental to other laws and penalties.
Division 2 Pistols.
- Section 13A-11-70 - Definitions.
- Section 13A-11-71 - Committing crime when armed; evidence of intent.
- Section 13A-11-72 - Certain persons forbidden to possess pistol.
- Section 13A-11-73 - Permit to carry pistol in vehicle or concealed on person - Required; possession of unloaded pistol in motor vehicle.
- Section 13A-11-74 - License to carry pistol in vehicle or concealed on person - Exceptions.
- Section 13A-11-75 - Permit to carry pistol in vehicle or concealed on person - Issuance; fee; revocation; release of information.
- Section 13A-11-76 - Delivery to minors, habitual drunkards, etc.
- Section 13A-11-77 - Sales regulated; application for purchase.
- Section 13A-11-78 - Dealers' licenses - Required.
- Section 13A-11-79 - Dealers' licenses - Issuance; conditions; display; fees.
- Section 13A-11-80 - Loans secured by deposit, etc., of pistol prohibited; certain transfers prohibited.
- Section 13A-11-81 - False information in applications for licenses, purchases, etc.
- Section 13A-11-83 - Antique pistols.
- Section 13A-11-84 - Penalties; seizure and disposition of pistols involved in violations of certain sections.
- Section 13A-11-85 - Reciprocity for licenses issued in other states.
Division 3 Firearms in Place of Employment.
- Section 13A-11-90 - Restrictions on firemarms by employers.
- Section 13A-11-91 - Liability of employers, etc., for damages resulting from presence of firearms.
Article 4 Fireworks.
Article 5 Offenses Affecting Businesses, Occupations and Professions.
- Section 13A-11-120 - Commercial bribery.
- Section 13A-11-121 - Receiving commercial bribe.
- Section 13A-11-122 - Conspiracy, combination or agreement to interfere with or hinder business.
- Section 13A-11-123 - Maintaining blacklist.
- Section 13A-11-124 - Making false statements to obtain workers' compensation benefits.
Article 6 Offenses Relating to Sports.
- Section 13A-11-140 - Definitions.
- Section 13A-11-141 - Sports bribery generally.
- Section 13A-11-142 - Receiving sports bribe.
- Section 13A-11-143 - Tampering with sports contest.
- Section 13A-11-144 - Harassment, etc., of sports official.
Article 6A Offenses Against Animal Research and Animal Production Facilities.
- Section 13A-11-150 - Legislative findings and determinations.
- Section 13A-11-151 - Short title.
- Section 13A-11-152 - Definitions.
- Section 13A-11-153 - Prohibited acts.
- Section 13A-11-154 - Violations.
- Section 13A-11-155 - Restitution.
- Section 13A-11-156 - Additional remedies.
- Section 13A-11-157 - Enforcement.
- Section 13A-11-158 - Construction.
Article 7 Offenses Relating to Libel and Defamation.
- Section 13A-11-160 - Libel tending to provoke breach of peace.
- Section 13A-11-161 - Publication of certain documents considered privileged.
- Section 13A-11-162 - Indictment for libel.
- Section 13A-11-163 - Defamation.
- Section 13A-11-164 - Refusal to testify by printer of libel or defamation.
Article 8 Registration of Felons.
- Section 13A-11-180 - "Resides" or "residing" defined.
- Section 13A-11-181 - Person convicted more than twice of felony to register with sheriff of county of residence.
- Section 13A-11-182 - Registration card.
- Section 13A-11-183 - Notice of change of address or place of residence.
- Section 13A-11-184 - Certain persons exempt.
- Section 13A-11-185 - Access to registration book.
- Section 13A-11-186 - Penalties for violation of article.
Article 9 Registration of Sex Offenders.
- Section 13A-11-200 - Reporting and registration requirements.
- Section 13A-11-201 - Sheriff to maintain register and supply information.
- Section 13A-11-202 - Department of Public Safety to maintain register; disclosure of information.
- Section 13A-11-203 - Penalty for violations of article.
- Section 13A-11-204 - Residential limitations on criminal sex offenders in Class 1 municipalities.
Article 10 Miscellaneous Offenses Relating to Public Safety.
- Section 13A-11-220 - Creating a hazard.
- Section 13A-11-221 - Hindering transportation of commodities.
- Section 13A-11-222 - Unlawfully refusing to yield party line.
- Section 13A-11-223 - Falsely requesting use of party line for emergency.
- Section 13A-11-224 - Storing gunpowder, etc., in city or town.
Article 11 Cruelty to Dog or Cat.
- Section 13A-11-240 - Definitions.
- Section 13A-11-241 - Cruelty in first and second degrees.
- Section 13A-11-242 - Appointment of agents.
- Section 13A-11-243 - Powers if agents, officers; liability.
- Section 13A-11-244 - Hearing.
- Section 13A-11-245 - Disposition of animal.
- Section 13A-11-246 - Applicability.
- Section 13A-11-247 - Construction.
Article 11A Interfering with Police Animals and Handlers.
- Section 13A-11-260 - Definitions.
- Section 13A-11-261 - Harassment of, interference with etc., duties of police animals, search and rescue animals, or handlers; causing physical harm or death; entering containment area; restraining, taunting, endangering, etc.
- Section 13A-11-262 - Applicability of article.
- Section 13A-11-263 - Penalties.
- Section 13A-11-264 - Emergency euthanization; defenses.
Article 12 Offenses Relating to Airbags.
- Section 13A-11-270 - Fraudulent repair of an airbag.
- Section 13A-11-271 - Fraudulent sale of a motor vehicle without an airbag.
- Section 13A-11-272 - Construction of article.
Article 13 Amiyah White Act.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.