2013 Code of Alabama
Article 1 General Provisions.
Title 10A - ALABAMA BUSINESS AND NONPROFIT ENTITIES CODE.
Chapter 5 - LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANIES.
- Section 10A-5-1.01 - Short title.
- Section 10A-5-1.02 - Definitions.
- Section 10A-5-1.03 - Powers.
- Section 10A-5-1.04 - Indemnification.
- Section 10A-5-1.05 - Unauthorized assumption of powers.
- Section 10A-5-1.06 - Application of partnership provisions to limited liability companies; classification for federal income tax purposes.
- Section 10A-5-2.01 - Formation.
- Section 10A-5-2.02 - Supplemental Provisions required in the certificate of formation.
- Section 10A-5-2.03 - Amendment of certificate of formation.
- Section 10A-5-2.04 - Execution.
- Section 10A-5-2.05 - Pre-formation transactions.
- Section 10A-5-2.06 - Records to be kept; right of inspection.
- Section 10A-5-2.07 - Parties to actions.
- Section 10A-5-3.01 - Business transactions of a member with the limited liability company.
- Section 10A-5-3.02 - Liability of members to third parties.
- Section 10A-5-3.03 - Agency power of members and managers; duties.
- Section 10A-5-4.01 - Management of the limited liability company; creation of classes; voting; rights; meetings.
- Section 10A-5-4.02 - Limited liability company property.
- Section 10A-5-4.03 - Operating agreements.
- Section 10A-5-4.04 - Derivative actions.
- Section 10A-5-5.01 - Contribution.
- Section 10A-5-5.02 - Liability for contributions.
- Section 10A-5-5.03 - Sharing of profits and losses.
- Section 10A-5-5.04 - Interim distributions of property; impairment of capital.
- Section 10A-5-5.05 - Purchase of interest of member whose membership has ceased.
- Section 10A-5-6.01 - Admission of additional members.
- Section 10A-5-6.02 - Transferability of member's interest.
- Section 10A-5-6.03 - Right of assignee to become member.
- Section 10A-5-6.04 - Death or incompetency of member.
- Section 10A-5-6.05 - Member's financial rights subject to charging order.
- Section 10A-5-6.06 - Cessation of membership.
- Section 10A-5-7.01 - Events of dissolution.
- Section 10A-5-7.02 - Judicial dissolution.
- Section 10A-5-7.03 - Winding up.
- Section 10A-5-7.04 - Survival of remedy after dissolution.
- Section 10A-5-7.05 - Distribution of assets upon dissolution.
- Section 10A-5-7.06 - Articles of dissolution.
- Section 10A-5-8.01 - Special rules for limited liability companies performing professional services.
- Section 10A-5-9.01 - Merger and consolidation.
- Section 10A-5-9.02 - Requirements for articles of merger; effective date.
- Section 10A-5-9.03 - Vesting of certain rights, privileges, powers, property, liabilities, and duties.
- Section 10A-5-9.04 - Recording of articles of merger; effect when Secretary of State files articles; copy of certified articles conclusive evidence of matters.
- Section 10A-5-9.05 - Applicability of Article 11 of Chapter 2; merger and conversion provisions to limited liability companies
- Section 10A-5-9.06 - Nonexclusivity.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.