2013 Code of Alabama
Title 10A - ALABAMA BUSINESS AND NONPROFIT ENTITIES CODE.
Chapter 1 - GENERAL PROVISIONS.
Section 10A-1-5.31 - Designation and maintenance of registered agent and registered office.
(a) Each filing entity, each foreign filing entity, each foreign registered limited liability partnership registered pursuant to Article 7, and any registered limited liability partnership that does not maintain a place of business in this state shall designate and continuously maintain in this state:
(1) a registered agent; and
(2) a registered office.
(b) A registered agent:
(1) is an agent of the entity on which may be served any process, notice, or demand required or permitted by law to be served on the entity;
(2) may be:
(A) an individual who is a resident of this state; or
(B) a domestic entity or a foreign entity that is registered to do business in this state; and
(3) must maintain a business office at the same address as the entity's registered office.
(c) The registered office:
(1) must be located at a street address where process may be personally served on the entity's registered agent;
(2) is not required to be a place of business of the filing entity or foreign filing entity; and
(3) may not be solely a mailbox service or a telephone answering service.(Act 2009-513, p. 967, §43.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.