2012 Code of Alabama
Article 1 General Provisions.
Title 26 - INFANTS AND INCOMPETENTS.
Chapter 1A - ALABAMA UNIFORM POWER OF ATTORNEY.
- Section 26-1A-101 - Short title.
- Section 26-1A-102 - Definitions.
- Section 26-1A-103 - Applicability.
- Section 26-1A-104 - Power of attorney is durable.
- Section 26-1A-105 - Execution of power of attorney.
- Section 26-1A-106 - Validity of power of attorney.
- Section 26-1A-107 - Meaning and effect of power of attorney.
- Section 26-1A-108 - Nomination of conservator or guardian; relation of agent to court-appointed fiduciary.
- Section 26-1A-109 - When power of attorney effective.
- Section 26-1A-110 - Termination of power of attorney or agent's authority.
- Section 26-1A-111 - Co-agents and successor agents.
- Section 26-1A-112 - Reimbursement and compensation of agent.
- Section 26-1A-113 - Agent's acceptance.
- Section 26-1A-114 - Agent's duties.
- Section 26-1A-115 - Exoneration of agent.
- Section 26-1A-116 - Judicial relief.
- Section 26-1A-117 - Agent's liability to the principal.
- Section 26-1A-118 - Agent's resignation; notice.
- Section 26-1A-119 - Acceptance of and reliance upon acknowledged power of attorney.
- Section 26-1A-120 - Liability for refusal to accept acknowledged power of attorney.
- Section 26-1A-121 - Principles of law and equity.
- Section 26-1A-122 - Laws applicable to financial institutions and entities.
- Section 26-1A-123 - Remedies under other law.
- Section 26-1A-201 - Authority that requires specific grant; grant of general authority.
- Section 26-1A-202 - Incorporation of authority.
- Section 26-1A-203 - Construction of authority generally.
- Section 26-1A-204 - Real property.
- Section 26-1A-205 - Tangible personal property.
- Section 26-1A-206 - Stocks and bonds.
- Section 26-1A-207 - Commodities and options.
- Section 26-1A-208 - Banks and other financial institutions.
- Section 26-1A-209 - Operation of entity or business.
- Section 26-1A-210 - Insurance and annuities.
- Section 26-1A-211 - Estates, trusts, and other beneficial interests.
- Section 26-1A-212 - Claims and litigation.
- Section 26-1A-213 - Personal and family maintenance.
- Section 26-1A-214 - Benefits from governmental programs or civil or military service.
- Section 26-1A-215 - Retirement plans.
- Section 26-1A-216 - Taxes.
- Section 26-1A-217 - Gifts.
- Section 26-1A-401 - Uniformity of application and construction.
- Section 26-1A-402 - Relation to Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act.
- Section 26-1A-403 - Effect on existing powers of attorney.
- Section 26-1A-404 - Health care powers of attorney executed on or after January 1, 2012.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.