2012 Code of Alabama
Title 26 - INFANTS AND INCOMPETENTS.
Chapter 17 - ALABAMA UNIFORM PARENTAGE ACT.
Section 26-17-504 - Report of genetic testing.
(a) A report of genetic testing must be in a record and signed under penalty of perjury by a designee of the testing laboratory. A report made under the requirements of this article is self-authenticating.
(b) Documentation from the testing laboratory of the following information is sufficient to establish a reliable chain of custody that allows the results of genetic testing to be admissible without testimony:
(1) the names and photographs of the individuals whose specimens have been taken;
(2) the names of the individuals who collected the specimens;
(3) the places and dates the specimens were collected;
(4) the names of the individuals who received the specimens in the testing laboratory; and
(5) the dates the specimens were received.(Act 2008-376, p. 666, §2.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.