2012 Code of Alabama
Title 26 - INFANTS AND INCOMPETENTS.
Chapter 17 - ALABAMA UNIFORM PARENTAGE ACT.
Section 26-17-201 - Establishment of parent-child relationship.
(a) The mother-child relationship may be established between a woman and a child by:
(1) the woman's having given birth to the child;
(2) an adjudication of the woman's maternity; or
(3) adoption of the child by the woman.
(b) The father-child relationship may be established between a man and a child by:
(1) an unrebutted presumption of the man's paternity of the child under Section 26-17-204;
(2) an effective acknowledgment of paternity by the man under Article 3, unless the acknowledgment has been rescinded or successfully challenged;
(3) an adjudication of the man's paternity;
(4) adoption of the child by the man; or
(5) the man's having consented to assisted reproduction by a woman under Article 7 which resulted in the birth of the child.(Act 2008-376, p. 666, §2.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.