2012 Code of Alabama
Title 10A - ALABAMA BUSINESS AND NONPROFIT ENTITIES CODE.
Chapter 1 - GENERAL PROVISIONS.
Section 10A-1-7.07 - Entity name.
If the name of a foreign entity does not satisfy the requirements of Article 5, the entity, for use in this state, may:
(1) if a corporation, add to its corporate name the word "corporation" or "incorporated" or an abbreviation of one of the words;
(2) if a banking corporation, add to its corporate name the words "bank," "banking," or "bankers";
(3) if a limited partnership, add to its partnership name the word "limited" or the abbreviation "Ltd." or phrase "limited partnership" or the abbreviation "L.P." or "LP";
(4) if a limited liability company, add to its company name the phrase "limited liability company" or the abbreviation "L.L.C." or "LLC";
(5) if a professional corporation, add to its corporate name the phrase "professional corporation" or the abbreviation "P.C." or "PC";
(6) if a registered limited liability partnership, add to its partnership name the phrase "registered limited liability partnership" or the abbreviation "L.L.P." or LLP"; and
(7) use a fictitious name available for use in this state that satisfies the requirements of Article 5, if it delivers to the Secretary of State for filing a copy of the resolution of its governing authority, certified by its secretary, adopting the fictitious name.(Act 2009-513, p. 967, §58.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.