2009 Alabama Code
Title 36 — PUBLIC OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES.
Chapter 22 — SHERIFFS.
- Article 1 General Provisions.
- Section 36-22-1 Bond.
- Section 36-22-2 Office.
- Section 36-22-3 Duties generally.
- Section 36-22-4 Claims of chief deputies for compensation for services performed deemed preferred claims against counties.
- Section 36-22-5 Conduct of special investigations and preparation of reports as to alleged violations of law.
- Section 36-22-6 Payment of expenses of special investigations; when investigations to be instituted by county solicitors.
- Section 36-22-7 Sheriff, etc., justified in executing process regular on face and issued by competent authority.
- Section 36-22-8 Sheriff to maintain record book as to prisoners received into county jail; contents thereof.
- Section 36-22-9 Execution of process required of constables; compensation and liability therefor.
- Section 36-22-10 Maintenance of record book as to executions or orders of sale received by sheriff generally.
- Section 36-22-11 Entries to be made in record book as to amounts received by sheriff on executions or orders of sale.
- Section 36-22-12 Sales book.
- Section 36-22-13 Inspection of record books; disposition thereof when completely filled and upon expiration of official term of sheriff.
- Section 36-22-14 Conveyance of money subject to further order or judgment of court to successor by sheriff upon expiration of official term.
- Section 36-22-16 Compensation.
- Section 36-22-17 Disposition of fees, commissions, etc.
- Section 36-22-18 County commission to furnish necessary quarters, equipment, etc.
- Section 36-22-19 Payment of certain membership dues for sheriff.
- Article 2 Sheriffs' Retirement System.
- Section 36-22-40 Eligibility.
- Section 36-22-41 Disability benefits.
- Section 36-22-42 Deductions from salary; refunds; payments upon death; effect of other retirement systems.
- Section 36-22-43 Payments.
- Section 36-22-44 Election to participate.
- Section 36-22-45 Exemptions from article.
- Article 3 Supernumerary Sheriffs.
- Section 36-22-60 Qualifications; election; filling of vacancy; article applies only to elected sheriffs.
- Section 36-22-61 Payroll deductions; refunds; widow's allowance; effect of other retirement plans.
- Section 36-22-62 Amount of benefits.
- Section 36-22-63 Purchase of prior service credit; rate; minimum creditable service.
- Section 36-22-64 Election between retirement plans.
- Section 36-22-65 Oath of office; subject to call in event of vacancy.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.