2009 Alabama Code
Title 35 — PROPERTY.
Chapter 9A — UNIFORM RESIDENTIAL LANDLORD AND TENANT ACT.
Section 35-9A-301 Tenant to maintain dwelling unit.
Tenant to maintain dwelling unit.
A tenant shall:
(1) comply with all obligations primarily imposed upon tenants by applicable provisions of building and housing codes materially affecting health and safety;
(2) keep that part of the premises that the tenant occupies and uses as clean and safe as the condition of the premises permit;
(3) dispose from the dwelling unit all ashes, garbage, rubbish, and other waste in a clean and safe manner;
(4) keep all plumbing fixtures in the dwelling unit or used by the tenant as clear as their condition permits;
(5) use in a reasonable manner all electrical, plumbing, sanitary, heating, ventilating, air-conditioning, and other facilities and appliances including elevators in the premises;
(6) not deliberately or negligently destroy, deface, damage, impair, or remove any part of the premises; or knowingly, recklessly, or negligently permit any person to do so; and
(7) conduct himself or herself and require other persons on the premises with the tenant's consent to conduct themselves in a manner that will not disturb the neighbors' peaceful enjoyment of the premises.(Act 2006-316, p. 668, §1.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.