2009 Alabama Code
Title 35 — PROPERTY.
Chapter 10 — MORTGAGES.
- Article 1 Powers Contained in Mortgages.
- Section 35-10-1 Power of sale constitutes part of security; by whom executed; effect of conveyance; index of foreclosure deeds.
- Section 35-10-2 Sale under power where instrument silent as to place or terms of sale.
- Section 35-10-3 Foreclosure when instrument contains no power of sale.
- Section 35-10-4 Sale of lands situated in two or more counties.
- Section 35-10-5 Foreclosure deed conveys legal title.
- Section 35-10-6 Additional satisfaction permitted under continuing power of sale.
- Section 35-10-7 Sale to be held in county where property situated.
- Section 35-10-8 How notice of sale given.
- Section 35-10-9 Sales contrary to article null and void.
- Section 35-10-10 Sections 35-10-7 through 35-10-9 not applicable to mortgages or deeds of trust executed before September 29, 1923.
- Article 1A Foreclosure by Power of Sale for Mortgages Executed After December 31, 1988.
- Section 35-10-11 Definitions.
- Section 35-10-12 Execution of foreclosure by power of sale; effect; indexing of deeds.
- Section 35-10-13 Notice of sale; minimum standards.
- Section 35-10-14 Place and time for conducting foreclosure by power of sale.
- Section 35-10-15 Successive sales under power permitted.
- Section 35-10-16 Law governing applicability.
- Article 2 Satisfaction of Mortgage Liens.
- Section 35-10-20 When indebtedness presumed to have been paid.
- Section 35-10-21 When payment required to be entered in record.
- Section 35-10-22 Partial payments - When entered on margin of record.
- Section 35-10-23 Partial payments - Notices or demands to enter partial payments or satisfaction.
- Section 35-10-24 Partial payments - Entry by execution and delivery of separate instrument.
- Section 35-10-25 Executors and administrators authorized to execute releases, etc.
- Section 35-10-26 Title revested upon payment of debt.
- Section 35-10-27 Entry of full payment or satisfaction in record - Generally.
- Section 35-10-28 Entry of full payment or satisfaction in record - Satisfaction by one of several joint mortgagees, etc.
- Section 35-10-29 Entry of full payment or satisfaction in record - Vendor's or other lien reserved in conveyance.
- Section 35-10-30 Penalty.
- Article 3 Deeds in Lieu of Foreclosure.
- Article 4 Foreclosure on Surviving Spouse or Estate of Mortgagor Dying Overseas While on Military Service Active Duty.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.