2009 Alabama Code
Title 13A — CRIMINAL CODE.
Chapter 12 — OFFENSES AGAINST PUBLIC HEALTH AND MORALS.
Section 13A-12-218 Unlawful manufacture of controlled substance in the first degree.
Unlawful manufacture of controlled substance in the first degree.
(a) A person commits the crime of unlawful manufacture of a controlled substance in the first degree if he or she violates Section 13A-12-217 and two or more of the following conditions occurred in conjunction with that violation:
(1) Possession of a firearm.
(2) Use of a booby trap.
(3) Illegal possession, transportation, or disposal of hazardous or dangerous materials or while transporting or causing to be transported materials in furtherance of a clandestine laboratory operation, there was created a substantial risk to human health or safety or a danger to the environment.
(4) A clandestine laboratory operation was to take place or did take place within 500 feet of a residence, place of business, church, or school.
(5) A clandestine laboratory operation actually produced any amount of a specified controlled substance.
(6) A clandestine laboratory operation was for the production of controlled substances listed in Schedule I or Schedule II.
(7) A person under the age of 17 was present during the manufacturing process.
(b) Unlawful manufacture of a controlled substance in the first degree is a Class A felony.(Act 2001-971, 3rd Sp. Sess., p. 873, §1.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.