2009 Alabama Code
Title 10 — CORPORATIONS, PARTNERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS.
Chapter 14 — EMPLOYEE COOPERATIVE CORPORATIONS
Section 10-14-2 Definitions.
As used in this chapter, the following words shall have the following meanings:
(1) COLLECTIVE RESERVE ACCOUNT. An internal capital account that represents the portion of the net book value of the corporation attributable to the cooperative.
(2) EMPLOYEE COOPERATIVE. A corporation which has elected to be governed by this chapter.
(3) INTERNAL CAPITAL ACCOUNTS. A system of accounts on the books of an employee cooperative that reflects the book value of the corporation.
(4) INTERNAL CAPITAL ACCOUNT COOPERATIVE. An employee cooperative governed in accordance with Section 10-14-11.
(5) MEMBER. A natural person who has been accepted for membership in and owns a membership share issued by an employee cooperative.
(6) MEMBERSHIP FEE. The consideration paid for a membership share.
(7) MEMBERSHIP SHARE. A single share of voting stock issued to each member of a worker cooperative as evidence of membership.
(8) PATRONAGE. The amount of work performed as a member of an employee cooperative, measured in accordance with the articles of incorporation or bylaws.
(9) WRITTEN NOTICE OF ALLOCATION. A written statement which discloses to a member the stated dollar amount of such member's patronage allocation and the terms for payment of that amount by the employee cooperative.(Act 97-949, p. 524, §2.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.