2006 Alabama Code - Chapter 12 — TRADEMARKS, NAMES, MARKS, DEVICES, AND LABELS.
Article 1 General Provisions.
- Section 8-12-1 — Appropriation of trademark to designate origin or ownership.
- Section 8-12-3 — Defacing identifying mark on encumbered personal property; presumption of guilt by possession.
Article 2 Registration of Trademarks and Service Marks.
- Section 8-12-6 — Definitions.
- Section 8-12-7 — Registrability.
- Section 8-12-8 — Application for registration; contents; signature and verification; filing fee.
- Section 8-12-9 — Certificate of registration; issuance; use as evidence.
- Section 8-12-10 — Duration and renewal of registration; renewal fee.
- Section 8-12-11 — Assignment of mark and registration; fee; recordation and issuance of new certificate; effect of failure to record.
- Section 8-12-12 — Records.
- Section 8-12-13 — Cancellation.
- Section 8-12-14 — Classification of goods and services.
- Section 8-12-15 — Liability for damages sustained in consequence of fraudulent filing or registration.
- Section 8-12-16 — Liability to civil action for infringement.
- Section 8-12-17 — Injury to business reputation or dilution of quality of mark grounds for injunctive relief.
- Section 8-12-18 — Remedies.
- Section 8-12-19 — Common-law rights.
Article 3 Names, Marks, etc., on Beverage Containers.
- Section 8-12-20 — Registration of names, marks, etc.
- Section 8-12-21 — Unauthorized refilling, defacing of marks on or trafficking in containers.
- Section 8-12-22 — Use, furnishing, trafficking, or possession of containers without consent presumptive evidence of unlawful use or purchase.
- Section 8-12-23 — Issuance of search warrant for containers unlawfully used or held.
Article 4 Marked Containers for Milk and Milk Products.
- Section 8-12-40 — Purchase, sale, etc., of container upon which name appears.
- Section 8-12-41 — Presumption of ownership.
- Section 8-12-42 — Possession by secondhand or junk dealer prima facie evidence of violation.
- Section 8-12-43 — Enforcement of article.
- Section 8-12-44 — Penalty for violation of article.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.