2006 Alabama Code - Chapter 8 — INTEREST AND USURY.
- Section 8-8-1 — Maximum rates of interest — Generally.
- Section 8-8-1.1 — Maximum rates of interest — Permitted under state or federal law.
- Section 8-8-1.2 — Maximum rates of interest — Loans secured by savings accounts.
- Section 8-8-2 — Maximum rates of interest — Aggregation of principal and interest on loans at six percent and division into installments.
- Section 8-8-4 — Maximum rates of interest - Loans, etc., of $100,000 or more to State Board of Education and trustees of state educational institutions.
- Section 8-8-5 — Maximum rates of interest — Loans, credit sales, etc., of $2,000 or more to individuals, corporations, trusts, partnerships, or associations.
- Section 8-8-6 — Maximum rates of interest — Exemption of debts incurred pursuant to National Housing Act or veterans' benefits.
- Section 8-8-7 — Maximum rates of interest — Exemption of bonds, notes, etc., of state, instrumentalities, localities, etc.
- Section 8-8-8 — Interest accrues on breach of contract.
- Section 8-8-9 — Interest on unauthorized change bills and notes not exceeding $1.
- Section 8-8-10 — Interest on money judgments and costs.
- Section 8-8-11 — Application of partial payments to principal and interest.
- Section 8-8-12 — Enforcement of usurious contracts.
- Section 8-8-13 — Collection on notes, etc., discounted at higher rate of interest than eight percent.
- Section 8-8-14 — Interest surcharge on loans or credit sales; refunds; maximum interest rate indexed to prime rate; maximum interest rates for open-end credit plans.
- Section 8-8-15 — Bad check charge; deemed not finance charge.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.