2006 Alabama Code - Chapter 9 — JUDGMENTS.
Article 1 General Provisions.
- Section 6-9-1 — Executions on judgments; forms thereof.
- Section 6-9-2 — Right of surety paying judgment or execution.
Article 2 Issuance of Executions.
- Section 6-9-20 — Who may issue.
- Section 6-9-21 — When execution to issue - Generally.
- Section 6-9-22 — When execution to issue - Prior to time prescribed.
- Section 6-9-23 — When execution to issue - Fraudulent disposal or removal of property by defendant.
- Section 6-9-24 — Alias writs.
- Section 6-9-25 — Execution by coroner or special coroner.
- Section 6-9-26 — Certification of total court costs and fees to accompany execution.
- Section 6-9-27 — Execution against plaintiff for costs.
Article 3 Property Subject to Execution.
- Section 6-9-40 — Real and personal property; equity of redemption therein.
- Section 6-9-41 — Growing or ungathered crops.
Article 4 Lien of Execution.
- Section 6-9-60 — When writ of execution becomes lien.
- Section 6-9-61 — Destruction of lien upon execution of bond for appeal, etc.
- Section 6-9-62 — Levy of execution after defendant's death.
- Section 6-9-63 — Execution where defendant dead.
Article 5 Levy, Sale and Return.
- Section 6-9-80 — Time for execution and return.
- Section 6-9-81 — Indemnity bond.
- Section 6-9-82 — Notice where levy on real estate.
- Section 6-9-83 — Levy on property of principal first if execution against sureties.
- Section 6-9-84 — Charging of subjected property sold by debtor.
- Section 6-9-85 — Levy and sale on undivided interest in property.
- Section 6-9-86 — Sale of levied property - Time and place; continuances.
- Section 6-9-87 — Sale of levied property - Notice.
- Section 6-9-88 — Sale of levied property - Perishable goods and chattels - Generally.
- Section 6-9-89 — Sale of levied property - Perishable goods and chattels - Strawberries.
- Section 6-9-90 — Sale of levied property - Rights of debtor - Designation of property to be sold first.
- Section 6-9-91 — Sale of levied property - Rights of debtor - Substitution of other property.
- Section 6-9-92 — Sale of levied property - Notice to plaintiff of money made.
- Section 6-9-93 — Sale of levied property - Payment to debtor.
- Section 6-9-94 — Death of party after execution issued.
- Section 6-9-95 — Levying officer to provide sustenance for unsold livestock.
- Section 6-9-96 — Return - Unexecuted writ.
- Section 6-9-97 — Return - Sheriff of another county.
- Section 6-9-98 — Endorsements on execution writs - Time and order of receipt.
- Section 6-9-99 — Endorsements on execution writs - Description of property levied and date thereof.
- Section 6-9-100 — Endorsements on execution writs 12-1-14.2 12-10A-1.1 Description of land sold and price.
- Section 6-9-101 — Endorsements on execution writs - Amount of money collected; receipt for defendant.
- Section 6-9-120 — Return showing goods levied on unsold; issuance of writ; form of writ.
- Section 6-9-121 — Death of levying officer prior to sale; proceedings if property not delivered by representatives of deceased officer.
- Section 6-9-140 — Conveyance of title by sale under judicial process.
- Section 6-9-141 — Written note or memorandum unnecessary.
- Section 6-9-142 — Caveat emptor; when officer personally bound.
- Section 6-9-143 — Liability of purchaser for not complying with terms of sale; form of action against purchaser.
- Section 6-9-144 — Purchaser owner of stock, etc., sold.
- Section 6-9-145 — Enforcement of covenants running with land.
- Section 6-9-146 — Void or irregular mortgage foreclosure.
- Section 6-9-147 — Setting aside of sales by courts.
- Section 6-9-148 — When debtor bound by void sale.
- Section 6-9-149 — Execution and delivery of deed to real estate sold by sheriff.
- Section 6-9-150 — Conveyance by sheriff of lands sold by predecessor.
Article 6 Forthcoming Bonds.
- Section 6-9-160 — Restoration of property levied on to debtor upon executing bond; execution on forfeiture of bond; exception.
- Section 6-9-161 — Tendering value of restored property by bond obligors where same dead or destroyed.
Article 7 Satisying or Setting Aside of Judgments.
Article 8 Revival of Judgments.
- Section 6-9-190 — Revival barred after 20 years.
- Section 6-9-191 — Judgment presumed satisfied 10 years after entry or execution.
- Section 6-9-192 — Revival of judgment of district or circuit court when execution did not issue.
- Section 6-9-193 — Issuance of execution in favor of personal representative or successor without revival.
- Section 6-9-194 — Revival in favor of personal representative.
- Section 6-9-195 — Execution in favor of surviving plaintiffs.
- Section 6-9-196 — Transfer of judgment; right of assignee thereof to have execution; action or reviver thereon.
Article 9 Registration of Judgments.
- Section 6-9-210 — Certificate of clerk or register to be filed with probate judge; registration and indexing by probate judge.
- Section 6-9-211 — Judgment constitutes lien on property of defendant.
- Section 6-9-212 — Failure of probate judge to register or index.
Article 10 Uniform Enforcement of Foreign Judgments Act.
- Section 6-9-230 — Short title.
- Section 6-9-231 — "Foreign judgment" defined.
- Section 6-9-232 — (Effective until January 1, 1998.) Filing judgment with clerk of circuit court; effect of judgment.
- Section 6-9-232 — Filing judgment with clerk of circuit court; effect of judgment.
- Section 6-9-233 — Filing requirements; notice of filing; when execution may issue.
- Section 6-9-234 — Stay of enforcement of foreign judgment.
- Section 6-9-235 — Fees.
- Section 6-9-236 — Right of action to enforce judgment unimpaired.
- Section 6-9-237 — Recording of judgment in probate office.
- Section 6-9-238 — Construction of article.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.