2006 Alabama Code - Section 34-2A-1 — Definitions.
For purposes of this chapter, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
(1) ASSISTED LIVING ADMINISTRATOR. Any individual who is charged with the general administration of an assisted living facility or a speciality care assisted living facility, whether or not the individual has an ownership interest in the facility, and whether or not his or her functions and duties are shared with one or more other individuals.
(2) ASSISTED LIVING FACILITY. Any facility, including both assisted living facilities and speciality care assisted living facilities, that is defined as such for licensing purposes pursuant to Section 22-21-20. For purposes of this chapter, the term "assisted living facility" shall not include family assisted living facilities as the term is defined in the rules and regulations promulgated by the Department of Public Health.
(3) BOARD. The Board of Examiners of Assisted Living Administrators of the State of Alabama.
(4) EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR. The executive director of the board.
(5) PRACTICE OF ASSISTED LIVING ADMINISTRATION. The planning, organizing, directing, and control of the operation of an assisted living facility.
(6) PROVISIONAL ASSISTED LIVING ADMINISTRATOR. An individual who has been issued a provisional license by the board.
(7) PROVISIONAL LICENSE. A temporary license issued to a provisional assisted living administrator by the board.
(Act 2001-1057, 4th Sp. Sess., p. 1032, §1; Act 2004-73, p. 90, §3.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.