2006 Alabama Code - Chapter 29 — VETERINARIANS.
Article 1 General Provisions.
Article 2 Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners.
Article 3 Certificates of Qualification.
Article 4 Veterinary Practice.
- Section 34-29-60 — Short title.
- Section 34-29-61 — Definitions.
- Section 34-29-62 — Legislative intent.
- Section 34-29-63 — State Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners established; membership generally.
- Section 34-29-64 — Qualifications of members; removal.
- Section 34-29-65 — Executive director; incapacitation of director; official bond.
- Section 34-29-66 — President and vice-president; bylaws; meetings; quorum; records.
- Section 34-29-67 — Compensation and expenses; expenditure of funds.
- Section 34-29-68 — Records to be kept; issuances and denials of licenses; what records are confidential.
- Section 34-29-69 — Powers of board.
- Section 34-29-70 — Board of veterinary medical examiners fund; expenditures; transfer of excess.
- Section 34-29-71 — Temporary license; conditions; issuance; duration; limit on issuance.
- Section 34-29-72 — Application for license; qualifications.
- Section 34-29-73 — Examinations; public notice; passing score; issuance of licenses; retaking of examination.
- Section 34-29-74 — Issuance of license without written examination to certain applicants.
- Section 34-29-75 — Expiration and renewal of licenses; continuing education requirements; fees.
- Section 34-29-76 — License required for practice of veterinary medicine - Certain acts prohibited.
- Section 34-29-77 — License required for practice of Veterinary Medicine - Certain acts not prohibited.
- Section 34-29-78 — Injunction against unauthorized practice of veterinary medicine.
- Section 34-29-79 — Right to administrative hearing; notice; procedure; notification of decision; publication of suspensions and revocations; special appointments.
- Section 34-29-80 — Complaints and testimony to be privileged; immunity of certain persons from suit.
- Section 34-29-81 — Relicensing and reinstatement.
- Section 34-29-82 — Criminal penalties.
- Section 34-29-83 — Appeal of disciplinary action; stay of revocation.
- Section 34-29-84 — Filing of license with probate office; fee.
- Section 34-29-85 — Status of persons holding license on April 30, 1986.
- Section 34-29-86 — Disposition of abandoned animals; notice to owner or agent; financial liability of owner or agent.
- Section 34-29-87 — Partnership or employment in practice of veterinary medicine not to be for nonlicensed persons; exceptions.
- Section 34-29-88 — Premise permits - Required; fees; inspection; revocation, etc.; closure and imposition of penalties; renewal; requirements for satellite on mobile clinics.
- Section 34-29-89 — Premise permits - Display.
- Section 34-29-90 — Immunity of veterinarians from suit for emergency care of animals or human victims; nonliability to animal hospital.
- Section 34-29-91 — Requirements for eligibility of graduate of nonaccredited school to take examination.
- Section 34-29-92 — Service of applicants as student preceptees for minimum period.
- Section 34-29-94 — Veterinary technical licenses and permits; application; qualifications and requirements; fees; examination; renewals; authorized acts; immunity from suit for emergency care; display of licenses and permits; suspensions and revocations; appeal; continuing education; foreign graduates.
Article 5 Impaired Veterinary Professionals.
- Section 34-29-110 — Definitions.
- Section 34-29-111 — Duties of board; Alabama Veterinary Professionals Wellness Committee; liability.
Article 6 Euthanasia in Animals.
- Section 34-29-130 — Permit to purchase, possess, and use certain agents for euthanizing animals.
- Section 34-29-131 — Injectable agents; inhalant agents; who may perform euthanasia.
- Section 34-29-132 — Euthanasia in emergency situation.
- Section 34-29-133 — Animals not to be left unattended until death; disposal of body upon confirmation of death.
- Section 34-29-134 — Violations of article.
- Section 34-29-135 — Relation to Section 34-29-94.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.