2006 Alabama Code - Chapter 27 — REAL ESTATE BROKERS.
Article 1 General Provisions.
- Section 34-27-1 — Short title.
- Section 34-27-2 — Definitions; exemptions from chapter.
- Section 34-27-3 — Nonresident may not act except in cooperation with licensed broker of state; written co-brokerage agreement to be filed.
- Section 34-27-4 — Real Estate Commission Revenue Fund and Real Estate Commission Proportionate Fund.
- Section 34-27-5 — County list of licensees.
- Section 34-27-6 — Real estate courses.
- Section 34-27-7 — Real Estate Commission - Created; composition; qualifications of members; appointment; terms; compensation; organization; executive director and assistant executive director generally; seal; records; immunity from suit.
- Section 34-27-8 — Real Estate Commission - Quorum; rules and regulations; agency disclosure clause.
- Section 34-27-10 — Chapter cumulative.
- Section 34-27-11 — Penalties.
Article 2 Licenses.
- Section 34-27-30 — Required.
- Section 34-27-31 — Recovery Fund created; fees paid to fund; injured party's recovery from fund; procedures, appeals, etc.; licensee to report any legal action taken against him.
- Section 34-27-32 — Requirements for license; application; termination; fee.
- Section 34-27-33 — Written examination; conditions for licensure; issuance of licenses.
- Section 34-27-34 — Who may serve as qualifying broker; responsibility of qualifying broker; change of broker; termination of qualifying broker's status.
- Section 34-27-35 — License certificates generally.
- Section 34-27-35.1 — Errors and omissions insurance.
- Section 34-27-36 — Disciplinary action - Generally.
- Section 34-27-37 — Disciplinary action - Procedure in action.
- Section 34-27-38 — Disciplinary action - Appeals.
Article 3 Vacation Time-sharing Plans.
- Section 34-27-50 — Definitions.
- Section 34-27-51 — Acts constituting violation of article - Sell, etc.; without license; failure to provide certain documents at time of registration; failure to follow rules of advertising.
- Section 34-27-52 — Acts constituting violation of article - Failure to keep certain items among business records.
- Section 34-27-53 — Acts constituting violation of article - Failure to utilize, etc., fully completed copy of contract.
- Section 34-27-54 — Acts constituting violation of article - Failure, etc., to honor buyer's request to cancel contract.
- Section 34-27-55 — Acts constituting violation of article - Failure to refund all payments; failure to place all funds in escrow account.
- Section 34-27-56 — Acts constituting violation of article - Misrepresentation.
- Section 34-27-57 — Acts constituting violation of article - Sell, etc., interest in plan to third person that substantially affects rights of other owners.
- Section 34-27-58 — Acts constituting violation of article - Failure to place 50 percent of cash, etc., received in escrow; failure to provide liability insurance, etc.
- Section 34-27-59 — Acts constituting violation of article - Failure to disclose total financial obligation, etc., in contract.
- Section 34-27-60 — Acts constituting violation of article - Misrepresentation; waiver of rights of purchasers; sale, etc., without license; bad checks.
- Section 34-27-61 — Hearing; refusal, suspension or revocation of license; willful violation defined; escrow deficiency.
- Section 34-27-62 — Enforcement and implementation of article; acts constituting misdemeanors; voidability of sales of unregistered plans, etc.
- Section 34-27-63 — Filing of plan relating to units not substantially completed requires filing of additional documents.
- Section 34-27-64 — Registration fees; assessment of costs of investigating violation of article.
- Section 34-27-65 — Proceeds from sale, etc., of lease plan exempt from Transient Occupancy Tax.
- Section 34-27-66 — Examination required; application; qualifications; fee; forfeiture; license generally; issuance and renewal of license; notice of change of address.
- Section 34-27-67 — Registration required of every plan offered for sale.
- Section 34-27-68 — Commission may seek injunctive relief, etc., for violation of article; investigation; revocation of registration.
- Section 34-27-69 — Surety bond; suspension, etc., of license for violation of article; reinstatement; relicensure; board must be notified of initiation, etc., of legal action.
Article 4 Real Estate Consumer's Agency and Disclosure Act.
- Section 34-27-80 — (Effective October 1, 1996) Short title.
- Section 34-27-81 — Definitions.
- Section 34-27-82 — Roles and duties of licensees; written disclosure documents; exceptions; brokerage agreements.
- Section 34-27-83 — Agency disclosure office policy.
- Section 34-27-84 — Obligations of licensees.
- Section 34-27-85 — Services licensees required to provide.
- Section 34-27-86 — Misrepresentation or false information given by licensee.
- Section 34-27-87 — Duties supersede duties based on common law.
- Section 34-27-88 — Violations.
Article 5 Interference with a Real Estate Relationship.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.