2006 Alabama Code - Chapter 23 — PHARMACISTS AND PHARMACIES.
Article 1 General Provisions.
- Section 34-23-1 — Definitions.
- Section 34-23-2 — Objects and purposes of chapter.
- Section 34-23-3 — State drug inspectors.
- Section 34-23-4 — Recognition of schools and colleges of pharmacy.
- Section 34-23-6 — Bankruptcy sales, auction sales, etc., of drugs and medicines.
- Section 34-23-7 — Illegal possession of prescription drugs.
- Section 34-23-8 — Substitution of drugs or brands of drugs.
- Section 34-23-9 — Purity of drugs dispensed.
- Section 34-23-10 — Notification by pharmacists of change of employment.
- Section 34-23-11 — Physicians, dentists, registered nurses, etc. exempt from chapter.
- Section 34-23-12 — Injunctions against violations of chapter.
- Section 34-23-13 — Penalty for practicing pharmacy without a license; compounding or dispensing prescriptions by unauthorized persons; violations of chapter or rules and regulations of board.
Article 2 Licenses and Permits.
- Section 34-23-30 — Pharmacy permits generally.
- Section 34-23-31 — Permits for mail-order houses.
- Section 34-23-32 — Manufacturer, bottler, packer, repackager, or wholesale distributor of drugs.
- Section 34-23-32.1 — FDA requirements to be adhered to by affected parties.
- Section 34-23-33 — Revocation or suspension of licensed pharmacist, holder of pharmacy intern or extern certificate, permit to operate - Grounds.
- Section 34-23-34 — Revocation or suspension of licenses to practice pharmacy and pharmacy permits — Statement of charges and notice of hearing.
- Section 34-23-50 — Required.
- Section 34-23-51 — Application for license; qualifications of applicants; examination of applicants; license by reciprocity.
- Section 34-23-52 — Expiration and renewal of certificate; continuing education.
- Section 34-23-53 — Training program for candidates for licensure.
Article 3 Pharmacies.
- Section 34-23-70 — Management; display of permit and license; poisons; prescriptions generally; physicians not restricted by chapter.
- Section 34-23-71 — Requirements for prescription rooms.
- Section 34-23-72 — Internship training sites.
- Section 34-23-73 — Preceptor qualifications.
- Section 34-23-74 — Hospitals and related institutions.
- Section 34-23-75 — Emergency prescription refill.
Article 4 Board of Pharmacy.
- Section 34-23-90 — Authority; composition.
- Section 34-23-91 — Duties of officers; bonds of secretary and treasurer; compensation and expenses; meetings; quorum; funds and disbursements; books and records.
- Section 34-23-92 — Powers and duties generally.
- Section 34-23-93 — Assisting prosecuting officers; legal counsel.
- Section 34-23-94 — Judicial review of orders.
Article 5 Third Party Prescription Program.
- Section 34-23-110 — Short title.
- Section 34-23-111 — "Third Party Prescription Program" defined.
- Section 34-23-112 — Required contractual provisions.
- Section 34-23-113 — Cancellation of program; use of identity card after cancellation.
- Section 34-23-114 — Denial of payment.
- Section 34-23-115 — Reimbursement rates.
- Section 34-23-116 — Article not applicable to Medicaid services or to services reimbursed by nonprofit corporations operating health care service plans.
- Section 34-23-117 — No programs to be instituted until notice given.
- Section 34-23-118 — Compliance with article required of all programs.
Article 6 Pharmacy Technicians.
- Section 34-23-130 — Definitions.
- Section 34-23-131 — Registration and supervision; rules and regulations; continuing education.
- Section 34-23-132 — Revocation or suspension of registration; probation.
Article 7 Compounding of Drugs.
- Section 34-23-150 — Definitions.
- Section 34-23-151 — Continuing education; technician assistance; duties of pharmacist.
- Section 34-23-152 — Designation and maintenance of compounding area.
- Section 34-23-153 — Use, maintenance, and inspection of compounding equipment.
- Section 34-23-154 — Drug components to meet certain requirements.
- Section 34-23-155 — Drug product containers and closures.
- Section 34-23-156 — Compounding procedures.
- Section 34-23-157 — Components transferred to nonoriginal container; advance product preparation; labeling.
- Section 34-23-158 — Retention of records.
- Section 34-23-159 — Preparation of compounded drug products for over the counter sale.
- Section 34-23-160 — Preparation of compounded drug products for prescriber's office use; labeling.
- Section 34-23-161 — Prescriptions for animals.
- Section 34-23-162 — Rules and regulations.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.