2006 Alabama Code - Chapter 22 — OPTOMETRISTS.
Article 1 General Provisions.
- Section 34-22-1 — Definitions.
- Section 34-22-2 — Objects and purposes of chapter.
- Section 34-22-3 — Intent of chapter.
- Section 34-22-4 — Limitation on application of chapter.
- Section 34-22-5 — Limited teaching licenses.
- Section 34-22-6 — Violations; penalties; assistance in prosecutions; costs and attorney fees; venue.
- Section 34-22-7 — Injunctions.
- Section 34-22-8 — Disciplinary action; charges; hearing; judicial procedure; appeals; sanctions; immunity of board, etc., from suit.
Article 2 Licenses.
- Section 34-22-20 — Qualifications of applicants; examination; issuance and execution of licenses; use of pharmaceutical agents.
- Section 34-22-21 — Reciprocity; pharmaceutical agents.
- Section 34-22-22 — Continuing education requirements; failure to comply; reinstatement and renewal; failure to secure certificate; waiver of registration and fees.
- Section 34-22-23 — Grounds for revocation or suspension.
- Section 34-22-24 — Disposition of fees.
Article 3 Board of Optometry.
- Section 34-22-40 — Creation; composition; qualifications of members; terms of office; appointment; election of candidates; vacancies; removal of members; annual meeting.
- Section 34-22-41 — Officers; meetings; compensation; expenses; disposition of funds; bonds; annual report.
- Section 34-22-42 — Powers and duties generally.
- Section 34-22-43 — Registry, records and office of board.
Article 4 Board of Optometric Scholarship Awards.
- Section 34-22-60 — Board created; composition; terms of office.
- Section 34-22-61 — Powers and duties of board.
- Section 34-22-62 — Types of scholarships.
- Section 34-22-63 — Repayment of loans; service contracts.
- Section 34-22-64 — Contractual agreement of recipients; penalties for breach; institution of legal proceedings.
- Section 34-22-65 — Localities in need of optometrists.
Article 5 License to Practice Across State Lines.
- Section 34-22-80 — Legislative findings.
- Section 34-22-81 — Definitions.
- Section 34-22-82 — Practice of optometry across state lines; certificate of qualification; requirements; license generally.
- Section 34-22-83 — Jurisdiction of board; duties of licensees; suspension of license.
- Section 34-22-84 — Maintenance of records.
- Section 34-22-85 — Exceptions.
- Section 34-22-86 — Penalties; disciplinary action.
- Section 34-22-87 — Comity.
- Section 34-22-88 — Rules and regulations.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.