2006 Alabama Code - Chapter 21 — NURSES.
Article 1 General Provisions.
- Section 34-21-1 — Definitions.
- Section 34-21-2 — Board of Nursing generally.
- Section 34-21-3 — Advisory councils.
- Section 34-21-4 — Funds of board; transfer of duties, powers, etc., of Board of Nurses' Examiners and Registration to Board of Nursing.
- Section 34-21-5 — Nursing educational programs.
- Section 34-21-6 — Exemptions.
- Section 34-21-7 — Violations and penalties.
- Section 34-21-8 — Payment of license and fees by pesonal check.
Article 2 Licenses.
- Section 34-21-20 — Required generally.
- Section 34-21-21 — License to practice professional nursing; use of title "registered nurse."
- Section 34-21-22 — License to practice practical nursing; use of title "licensed practical nurse."
- Section 34-21-23 — Renewal of license; continuing education.
- Section 34-21-24 — Fees and charges.
- Section 34-21-25 — Denial, suspension or revocation of license; administrative fines; voluntary disciplinary alternative program.
- Section 34-21-26 — Practice of nursing by unlicensed persons declared public nuisance; injunctive relief.
Article 3 Continuing Education.
- Section 34-21-40 — Duty of Board of Nursing to provide programs, seminars and workshops.
- Section 34-21-41 — Grants, contracts, etc., with individuals, institutions and agencies.
- Section 34-21-42 — Plans, programs and criteria.
- Section 34-21-43 — Source of funds.
Article 4 Post-Baccalaureate Scholarships.
- Section 34-21-60 — Established; number.
- Section 34-21-61 — Qualifications of recipients; applications.
- Section 34-21-62 — Amount of scholarships; criteria for selection of recipients; renewal of scholarships; failure to complete course or service as a nurse.
- Section 34-21-63 — Annual appropriation.
Article 5 Advanced Practice Nursing.
- Section 34-21-80 — Declaration of Legislature.
- Section 34-21-81 — Definitions.
- Section 34-21-82 — Joint committee - Appointment, terms of office, office of chairperson, and meetings.
- Section 34-21-83 — State Board of Medical Examiners to establish qualifications for physicians engaged in collaborative practice with advanced practice nurses.
- Section 34-21-84 — Board of Nursing to establish qualifications for advanced practice nurses; rules and regulations establishing procedures for certification.
- Section 34-21-85 — Joint committee designated to recommend rules and regulations; requirements to engage in advanced practice nursing.
- Section 34-21-86 — Prescribing legend drugs; initiating call-in prescriptions; administering legend drugs.
- Section 34-21-87 — Joint committee to recommend model practice protocols, formulary of legend drugs and certain rules and regulations.
- Section 34-21-88 — Acts which constitute grounds for termination.
- Section 34-21-89 — Boards permitted to initiate disciplinary actions for violations of section; requirements before action taken.
- Section 34-21-90 — Requirements for engaging in practice.
- Section 34-21-91 — Injunctive proceedings by boards against persons violating article.
- Section 34-21-92 — Waiver of requirements until adoption of rules and regulations.
- Section 34-21-93 — Construction of article with Sections 34-19-2 to 34-19-10.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.