2006 Alabama Code - Chapter 8 — CONTRACTORS.
Article 1 General Provisions.
- Section 34-8-1 — "General contractor" defined; "Subcontractor" defined.
- Section 34-8-2 — Licensure and classification of contractors.
- Section 34-8-3 — Method of examination.
- Section 34-8-4 — Fines; revocation of licenses.
- Section 34-8-5 — Effect of issuance of certificate of license.
- Section 34-8-6 — Prohibited acts; penalties; cease and desist orders.
- Section 34-8-7 — Exemptions from chapter; subcontractor requirements.
- Section 34-8-8 — Copy of chapter to be included in plans of owners, architects, and engineers; inclusion of license number on bid.
- Section 34-8-9 — Issuance of building permits.
- Section 34-8-10 — Indictment or complaint.
Article 2 State Licensing Board.
- Section 34-8-20 — Creation; composition; appointment and removal of members.
- Section 34-8-21 — Oath of board.
- Section 34-8-22 — Officers; bonds; compensation and expenses; rules and regulations.
- Section 34-8-23 — Seal.
- Section 34-8-24 — Meetings; quorum.
- Section 34-8-25 — Records and accounts.
- Section 34-8-26 — Register of applicants; roster of contractors; annual report; investigation and report of complaints.
- Section 34-8-27 — Appeals.
- Section 34-8-28 — Distribution of revenue from additional fees to public institutions of higher education; annual reports to board; administrative expenses of board.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.