2006 Alabama Code - Chapter 7 — COSMETOLOGISTS.
Article 1 General Provisions.
- Section 34-7-1 — Definitions.
- Section 34-7-2 — Practicing cosmetology without license.
- Section 34-7-3 — Operation of beauty shop or school of cosmetology without certificate of registration.
- Section 34-7-4 — Qualifications of applicants for examinations or licenses.
- Section 34-7-5 — Registration of beauty shops and schools of cosmetology; apprentices; shampoo assistants.
- Section 34-7-6 — Qualifications for registration of school of cosmetology.
- Section 34-7-7 — Application for certificate or for examination and license; certificate of health; jurisdiction of Health Department.
- Section 34-7-9 — Conduct and contents of examinations generally; temporary permits for persons failing examination first time; additional training required after second failure.
- Section 34-7-10 — Issuance of license or certificate.
- Section 34-7-11 — Fees.
- Section 34-7-12 — Registration or licensing of nonresidents.
- Section 34-7-15 — Payment and disposition of fees.
- Section 34-7-16 — Practice of cosmetology to be in established beauty shop or school.
- Section 34-7-17 — Temporary licenses.
- Section 34-7-18 — Display of certificate or license; picture of licensee.
- Section 34-7-19 — Duration, renewal and restoration of certificates and licenses.
- Section 34-7-21 — Refusal, revocation or suspension of licenses and certificates; administrative fines.
- Section 34-7-24 — Exemptions from chapter.
- Section 34-7-25 — Penalties for violations of chapter.
Article 2 Board of Cosmetology.
- Section 34-7-40 — Creation; composition; appointment, qualifications, areas of representation, terms and removal of members; rules and regulations.
- Section 34-7-41 — Officers and employees; bonds of members and treasurer; executive director; merit system status; authority of board.
- Section 34-7-42 — Compensation and expenses of members; disposition of funds derived from operation of chapter.
- Section 34-7-43 — Meetings; quorum; seal.
- Section 34-7-44 — Records; register of applicants.
- Section 34-7-45 — Inspectors, counsel and clerks.
- Section 34-7-46 — Inquiry or hearing undertaken or held by majority of board.
- Section 34-7-47 — Appeals from finding or ruling of board.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.