2006 Alabama Code - Chapter 5 — REGULATION OF OPERATION OF MOTOR VEHICLES, ETC., GENERALLY.
Article 1 General Provisions.
- Section 32-5-1 — Powers of local authorities.
- Section 32-5-2 — Regulation of use of real property by owner; owner to erect and maintain traffic-control devices.
- Section 32-5-3 — Loading from ramps, platforms, or other devices.
- Section 32-5-4 — Unloading logs, lumber, etc., on or near highways.
- Section 32-5-5 — Removal of ramps, platforms and obstructions.
- Section 32-5-8 — School bus specifications and operation.
- Section 32-5-9 — Liability for damage to highway or structure.
- Section 32-5-11 — Throwing or shooting deadly or dangerous missile into occupied vehicle.
- Section 32-5-12 — Distress flag for handicapped or paraplegic drivers - Authorized; design.
- Section 32-5-13 — Distress flag for handicapped or paraplegic drivers - Fee; card authorizing use; replacement flags.
- Section 32-5-14 — Distress flag for handicapped or paraplegic drivers - Penalty for illegal use.
- Section 32-5-16 — State trooper may close highways.
- Section 32-5-17 — Nuisance of casting light from motor vehicle on real property at night; exceptions; penalty.
Article 2 Signs, Signals and Markings.
Article 3 Operation of Vehicles Generally.
- Section 32-5-51 — Towing or hauling disabled vehicle.
- Section 32-5-54 — Keep to the right in crossing intersections or railroads.
- Section 32-5-64 — Persons under 16 years of age operating motor vehicles - Prohibited; driver training programs.
- Section 32-5-65 — Persons under 16 years of age operating motor vehicles - Owner of motor vehicle permitting.
- Section 32-5-72 — Limitations of backing.
- Section 32-5-74 — Vehicles transporting explosives.
- Section 32-5-75 — Loads which must be fastened by cables or chains.
- Section 32-5-76 — Spilling loads or litter; penalty.
- Section 32-5-77 — Driving on extreme left side of highway restricted; notice to Director of Transportation to erect markers.
Article 4 Speed Limits.
- Section 32-5-92 — Special speed limitations on bridges.
- Section 32-5-93 — Speed limit between working signs.
- Section 32-5-97 — Notation of conviction on driver's license.
Article 5 Right-of-Way.
Article 6 Overtaking and Passing.
Article 7 Stopping, Standing and Parking.
- Section 32-5-152 — Parking in violation of municipal ordinances; presumption as to person committing violation.
- Section 32-5-152.1 — Owner not liable for violation where vehicle leased to another; notice requirement; owner's liability upon failure to maintain vehicle.
Article 8 Driving Under Influence of Intoxicating Liquor or Narcotic Drugs.
- Section 32-5-171 — Arrest without warrant.
- Section 32-5-190 — Short title.
- Section 32-5-191 — "Driving privilege" or "privilege" defined.
- Section 32-5-192 — Implied consent; when tests administered; suspension of license or permit to drive, etc., for refusal to submit to test.
- Section 32-5-194 — Which law-enforcement officers may be authorized to make tests.
- Section 32-5-200 — Consent to blood test; definitions; incapacity; refusal to submit to test; notice of suspension, etc., of license; hearing; appeal.
Article 9 Equipment.
- Section 32-5-210 — Restrictions as to tire equipment.
- Section 32-5-211 — Flag or light at end of load.
- Section 32-5-212 — Brakes.
- Section 32-5-213 — Horns and warning devices.
- Section 32-5-214 — Mirrors.
- Section 32-5-215 — Windshields must be unobstructed; windshield wipers; tinting.
- Section 32-5-216 — Mufflers; prevention of noise, smoke, etc.
- Section 32-5-217 — Safety belts.
- Section 32-5-218 — Safety glazing material in motor vehicles.
- Section 32-5-219 — Location of television viewers.
- Section 32-5-220 — Flares or other warning devices - Carrying required by certain vehicles; specifications.
- Section 32-5-221 — Flares or other warning devices - Display.
- Section 32-5-222 — Child passenger restraints; required for children under six; penalty.
- Section 32-5-240 — Required lighting equipment and illuminating devices of vehicles.
- Section 32-5-241 — Additional permissible lights on vehicles.
- Section 32-5-242 — Requirements as to head lamps and auxiliary driving lamps.
- Section 32-5-243 — Lighting equipment and warning devices for vehicles engaged in mail service.
- Section 32-5-244 — Lights on parked vehicles.
- Section 32-5-245 — Reflectors or similar warning devices on horse-drawn wagons and other vehicles.
- Section 32-5-246 — Reflective devices for slow-moving vehicles - Required; design.
- Section 32-5-247 — Reflective devices for slow-moving vehicles - Mounting.
- Section 32-5-248 — Reflective devices for slow-moving vehicles - Restrictions on use.
- Section 32-5-249 — Reflective devices for slow-moving vehicles - Bicycles or ridden animals.
- Section 32-5-250 — Reflective devices for slow-moving vehicles - Other provisions not repealed, etc.
- Section 32-5-251 — Reflective devices for slow-moving vehicles - Violations.
- Section 32-5-252 — Approval of lighting devices; prohibited lamps and devices; regulations; lists of approved devices to be published.
- Section 32-5-253 — Enforcement of provisions.
Article 10 Pedestrians.
Article 11 Bicycles.
Article 12 Violations; Penalties.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.