2006 Alabama Code - Chapter 2 — DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY.
Article 1 General Provisions.
- Section 32-2-1 — Creation; headed by director; appointment and term of director.
- Section 32-2-2 — Assistant director.
- Section 32-2-3 — Divisions - Creation; enumeration.
- Section 32-2-4 — Divisions - Chiefs; employees.
- Section 32-2-5 — What laws director to enforce.
- Section 32-2-6 — Compensation and expenses of officers, employees, etc. - Method of payment generally.
- Section 32-2-7 — Compensation and expenses of officers, employees, etc. - Controlling civil disturbances; rescue or protective duties.
- Section 32-2-8 — Fees for copies of records and reports.
- Section 32-2-8.1 — Fee for criminal history records search.
- Section 32-2-9 — Promulgation of rules and regulations.
- Section 32-2-10 — Insurance for employees.
- Section 32-2-11 — Alabama Bureau of Investigation Cost of Evidence Fund.
Article 2 Highway Patrol.
- Section 32-2-20 — Establishment and maintenance.
- Section 32-2-21 — Disposition of costs, fees and mileage otherwise collectible by officers.
- Section 32-2-22 — Officers have powers of peace officers.
- Section 32-2-23 — Bonds of officers and members.
- Section 32-2-24 — Liabilities under bonds.
- Section 32-2-25 — Arrest fee; when fees and costs not to be paid by county.
- Section 32-2-26 — Officers to receive badge, pistol, etc., as part of retirement benefits.
Article 3 State Trooper Reserve.
- Section 32-2-40 — Establishment authorized; composition; members to serve without compensation.
- Section 32-2-41 — Reserve troopers to serve under direction and supervision of Director of Public Safety; privileges and immunities of reserves.
- Section 32-2-42 — Determination of fitness of persons to serve.
- Section 32-2-43 — Duties of members of reserve.
- Section 32-2-44 — Authority to carry firearms when summoned to duty.
Article 4 Criminal History Information.
- Section 32-2-60 — Definitions.
- Section 32-2-61 — Release of information and fees.
- Section 32-2-62 — Promulgation of procedures and regulations.
- Section 32-2-63 — Unauthorized dissemination of information.
Article 5 Public Safety Motor Vehicle Replacement Fund.
- Section 32-2-80 — Creation; purpose.
- Section 32-2-81 — Funds - Deposit, expenditure, and carry over.
- Section 32-2-82 — Transfer of vehicles; notification of purchase.
- Section 32-2-83 — Disposal of vehicles.
- Section 32-2-84 — Funds designated for fund in addition to money transferred to department.
Article 6 State Capitol Police Officers.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.