2006 Alabama Code - Chapter 2 — DIVORCE AND ALIMONY.
Article 1 Divorce from Bonds of Matrimony.
- Section 30-2-1 — Grounds; jurisdiction for proceedings; divorce judgment awarded to both parties.
- Section 30-2-2 — Divorce from bonds of matrimony after judgment of divorce from bed and board or of separate maintenance in effect for more than two years.
- Section 30-2-3 — Divorce to be refused where collusion between parties, condonation, etc.
- Section 30-2-4 — Where complaint to be filed.
- Section 30-2-5 — Residency requirement for plaintiff when defendant nonresident.
- Section 30-2-6 — When husband or wife may sue or defend in own name.
- Section 30-2-7 — Answer of defendant not required to be sworn; effect of answer.
- Section 30-2-8 — Proceedings generally; right of remarriage.
- Section 30-2-8.1 — Waiting period prior to issuance of final judgment of divorce; temporary orders prior to expiration of waiting period.
- Section 30-2-9 — Validation of marriage of divorced persons where remarriage not specifically prohibited by divorce judgment.
- Section 30-2-10 — Sixty-day restriction on remarriage of parties after grant of divorce or pending appeal of divorce.
- Section 30-2-11 — Wife may be enjoined from use of given name or initials of divorced husband.
- Section 30-2-12 — Divorce for pregnancy of wife at time of marriage bastardizes issue.
Article 2 Divorce From Bed and Board.
- Section 30-2-30 — Grounds.
- Section 30-2-31 — Proceedings generally; alimony; child custody and support.
Article 2A LEGAL SEPARATION.
Article 3 Alimony and Support.
- Section 30-2-50 — Allowance for support during pendency of action.
- Section 30-2-51 — Allowance upon grant of divorce; certain property not considered; retirement benefits.
- Section 30-2-52 — Allowance upon grant of divorce for misconduct; certain property not considered.
- Section 30-2-54 — Award of attorneys' fees in action where contempt citation issued.
- Section 30-2-55 — Termination of alimony upon remarriage or cohabitation with member of opposite sex; reimbursement not required.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.