2006 Alabama Code - Section 25-5-253 — Bylaws.
(a) Within 120 days after their appointment, the board of directors shall propose to the Director of the Department of Industrial Relations a set of bylaws for the operation and administration of the association. The bylaws shall not be effective until approved by the Director of the Department of Industrial Relations. If the board of directors fails to submit bylaws or if the Director of the Department of Industrial Relations does not approve the submitted bylaws, then the Director of the Department of Industrial Relations may promulgate, subject to the provisions of the Administrative Procedure Act, appropriate rules and regulations for the administration of the association.
(b) The bylaws may be amended from time to time by proposal of the board of directors approved by the Director of the Department of Industrial Relations.
(c) The bylaws shall contain:
(1) Provisions governing the administration of the association.
(2) Provisions governing managing the assets of the association and its financial record keeping.
(3) Procedures by which claims may be filed with the association.
(4) Provisions for the times and places for call of and conduct of meetings of the board of directors.
(5) Procedures for terminating the membership of a member who does not pay assessments when due.
(6) Procedures for recommendations by members of candidates for the board of directors for submission to the Director of the Department of Industrial Relations.
(7) Such additional provisions as are necessary or proper for carrying out the purposes of the association.
(Acts 1989, No. 89-533, p. 1092, &sect;4.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.