2006 Alabama Code - Chapter 22A — Alabama Child Protection Act of 1999.
Article 1 Criminal History Background Information checks on Applicants for Certification, Applicants for Employment, Nonpublic Current Employees, and Current Employees Under Review.
- Section 16-22A-1 — Short title; purpose.
- Section 16-22A-2 — Legislative intent.
- Section 16-22A-3 — Definitions.
- Section 16-22A-4 — Initiation of request for criminal history background check.
- Section 16-22A-5 — Agencies required to conduct criminal history background information checks.
- Section 16-22A-6 — Request from schools for criminal history background information check.
- Section 16-22A-7 — Responsibilities of individuals to provide information.
- Section 16-22A-8 — Fingerprint training courses.
- Section 16-22A-9 — Collection and transfer of fingerprints, fees, and information.
- Section 16-22A-10 — Confidentiality of information.
- Section 16-22A-11 — Rules and regulations.
- Section 16-22A-12 — Penalties.
- Section 16-22A-13 — Liability.
- Section 16-22A-14 — Exceptions - Nonpublic schools.
- Section 16-22A-15 — Exceptions - Church officials.
- Section 16-22A-16 — Construction.
- Section 16-22A-17 — Disposition of fees.
- Section 16-22A-18 — Repealer.
Article 2 Criminal History Background Checks of Curent Public Certified and Current Public Noncertified Employees.
- Section 16-22A-30 — Criminal background information checks of current public employees.
- Section 16-22A-31 — Written consent; additional check.
- Section 16-22A-32 — Collection of fingerprints; submission of materials.
- Section 16-22A-33 — Submission of additional reports; suitability determination.
- Section 16-22A-34 — Satisfaction of contingencies; procedures.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alabama may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.