Randy Teter v. Daniel Bettes, No. 15-3463 (8th Cir. 2016)

Annotate this Case

Court Description: Per Curiam. Before Wollman, Arnold, and Murphy, Circuit Judges] Civil Case - new trial. The district court did not abuse its discretion in denying a motion for new trial.

Download PDF
United States Court of Appeals For the Eighth Circuit ___________________________ No. 15-3463 ___________________________ Randy Teter lllllllllllllllllllll Plaintiff - Appellant v. Michael Bowersox, Warden; John Doe lllllllllllllllllllll Defendants Daniel Bettes, CO I; John Christian, CO I lllllllllllllllllllll Defendants - Appellees Jeff Allen, CO I lllllllllllllllllllll Defendant Billy Lee, CO II lllllllllllllllllllll Defendant - Appellee Sarah Merriett, CO I; Dennis Sazonov, CO lllllllllllllllllllll Defendants ____________ Appeal from United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri - Springfield ____________ Submitted: August 5, 2016 Filed: August 9, 2016 [Unpublished] ____________ Before WOLLMAN, ARNOLD, and MURPHY, Circuit Judges. ____________ PER CURIAM. Missouri inmate Randy Teter appeals the district court’s1 denial of his motion for a new trial after the district court entered judgment for defendants following a jury trial. We conclude that the district court did not abuse its discretion in denying the motion. See Patterson v. City of Omaha, 779 F.3d 795, 800-01 (8th Cir. 2015) (standard of review). Accordingly, we affirm. See 8th Cir. R. 47B. ______________________________ 1 The Honorable Beth Phillips, United States District Judge for the Western District of Missouri. -2-

Some case metadata and case summaries were written with the help of AI, which can produce inaccuracies. You should read the full case before relying on it for legal research purposes.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.