Sharhonda Shahid v. FNBN I, LLC, No. 15-1047 (8th Cir. 2015)

Annotate this Case

Court Description: Per Curiam - Before Wollman, Bye and Gruender, Circuit Judges] Civil case - Bankruptcy. Order on adversary complaint affirmed without comment.

Download PDF
United States Court of Appeals For the Eighth Circuit ___________________________ No. 15-1047 ___________________________ In re: Sharhonda Shahid lllllllllllllllllllllDebtor -----------------------------Sharhonda Shahid lllllllllllllllllllllAppellant v. FNBN I, LLC, by PennyMac Loan Servicing, LLC, its servicing agent; Amy Quintero lllllllllllllllllllllAppellees ____________ Appeal from United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri - St. Louis ____________ Submitted: September 24, 2015 Filed: October 5, 2015 [Unpublished] ____________ Before WOLLMAN, BYE, and GRUENDER, Circuit Judges. ____________ PER CURIAM. In the Chapter 13 bankruptcy case of debtor Sharhonda Shahid, she filed an adversary complaint to disallow a claim, void a lien, and quiet title in real property, and for damages. Shahid now appeals after the bankruptcy court1 granted summary judgment in favor of FNBN I, LLC, and Amy Quintero, on the adversary complaint; and after the district court2 affirmed. This court reviews de novo the bankruptcy court’s grant of summary judgment, applying the same standards as the district court, and giving Shahid the benefit of all reasonable inferences from the record. See Contemporary Indus. Corp. v. Frost, 564 F.3d 981, 984 (8th Cir. 2009). Shahid offers no valid basis for reversal, and we find none. Thus, the judgment of the district court is affirmed. See 8th Cir. R. 47B. ______________________________ 1 The Honorable Kathy A. Surratt-States, Chief Judge, United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Missouri. 2 The Honorable Ronnie L. White, United States District Judge for the Eastern District of Missouri. -2-

Some case metadata and case summaries were written with the help of AI, which can produce inaccuracies. You should read the full case before relying on it for legal research purposes.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.