Nigisti Betow v. Eric Holder, Jr., No. 13-1761 (4th Cir. 2014)

Annotate this Case
Download PDF
UNPUBLISHED UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS FOR THE FOURTH CIRCUIT No. 13-1761 NIGISTI WOLDEHAWARIAT BETOW, Petitioner, v. ERIC H. HOLDER, JR., Attorney General, Respondent. On Petition for Review of an Order of the Board of Immigration Appeals. Submitted: February 25, 2014 Decided: March 6, 2014 Before KING and AGEE, Circuit Judges, and DAVIS, Senior Circuit Judge. Petition denied by unpublished per curiam opinion. Alan M. Parra, LAW OFFICE OF ALAN M. PARRA, Silver Spring, Maryland, for Petitioner. Stuart F. Delery, Assistant Attorney General, Francis W. Fraser, E. Tayo Otunla, Office of Immigration Litigation, UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE, Washington, D.C., for Respondent. Unpublished opinions are not binding precedent in this circuit. PER CURIAM: Nigisti Woldehawariat Betow, a native of Eritrea and a citizen of Ethiopia, petitions for review of an order of the Board of Immigration Appeals ( Board ) dismissing her appeal from the immigration judge s decision finding Betow ineligible for adjustment of status as an alien frivolous application for asylum. record, we conclude that who knowingly made a Based on our review of the substantial evidence supports the agency s finding that Betow knowingly filed a frivolous asylum application. See Matter of Y-L-, 24 I. & N. Dec. 151, 155-60 (B.I.A. 2007). Accordingly, we deny the petition for review for the reasons stated by the Board. 23, 2013). legal before We dispense with oral argument because the facts and contentions this See In re Betow, (B.I.A. May court are adequately and argument presented would not in aid the the materials decisional process. PETITION DENIED 2

Some case metadata and case summaries were written with the help of AI, which can produce inaccuracies. You should read the full case before relying on it for legal research purposes.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.