Halima Beshir v. Eric Holder, Jr., No. 12-1665 (4th Cir. 2013)

Annotate this Case
Download PDF
UNPUBLISHED UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS FOR THE FOURTH CIRCUIT No. 12-1665 HALIMA ABADURA BESHIR, Petitioner, v. ERIC H. HOLDER, JR., Attorney General, Respondent. On Petition for Review of an Order of the Board of Immigration Appeals. Submitted: December 11, 2012 Decided: January 8, 2013 Before DIAZ, FLOYD, and THACKER, Circuit Judges. Petition denied by unpublished per curiam opinion. David Goren, LAW OFFICE OF DAVID GOREN, Silver Spring, Maryland, for Petitioner. Stuart F. Delery, Acting Assistant Attorney General, Linda S. Wernery, Assistant Director, Kerry A. Monaco, Office of Immigration Litigation, UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE, Washington, D.C., for Respondent. Unpublished opinions are not binding precedent in this circuit. PER CURIAM: Halima Ethiopia, Abadura petitions for Beshir, review Immigration Appeals ( Board ) immigration judge s a of decision native an order dismissing finding and of her citizen the Board of from the ineligible for appeal Beshir of adjustment of status as an alien who knowingly made a frivolous application for asylum. Based on our review of the record, we conclude that the preponderance of the evidence supports the agency s finding application. that Beshir filed before See In re Beshir, (B.I.A. Apr. We dispense with oral argument because the facts and contentions this asylum Accordingly, we deny the petition for review for the reasons stated by the Board. legal frivolous See Matter of Y-L-, 24 I. & N. Dec. 151, 157 (B.I.A. 2007). 26, 2012). a court are adequately and argument presented would not in aid the the materials decisional process. PETITION DENIED 2

Some case metadata and case summaries were written with the help of AI, which can produce inaccuracies. You should read the full case before relying on it for legal research purposes.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.