2011 Wyoming Statutes
TITLE 4 - TRUSTS
CHAPTER 10 - UNIFORM TRUST CODE
ARTICLE 1 - GENERAL PROVISIONS AND DEFINITIONS
- 4-10-101. Short title.
- 4-10-102. Scope.
- 4-10-103. Definitions.
- 4-10-104. Knowledge.
- 4-10-105. Default and mandatory rules.
- 4-10-106. Common law of trusts; principles of equity.
- 4-10-107. Governing law.
- 4-10-108. Principal place of administration.
- 4-10-109. Methods and waiver of notice.
- 4-10-110. Others treated as qualified beneficiaries.
- 4-10-111. Nonjudicial settlement agreements.
ARTICLE 2 - JUDICIAL PROCEEDINGS
- 4-10-201. Role of court in administration of trust.
- 4-10-202. Jurisdiction over fiduciary and beneficiary.
- 4-10-203. Subject matter jurisdiction.
- 4-10-204. Venue.
ARTICLE 3 - REPRESENTATION
- 4-10-301. Representation; basic effect.
- 4-10-302. Representation by holder of general testamentary power of appointment.
- 4-10-303. Representation by fiduciaries and parents.
- 4-10-304. Representation by person having substantially identical interest.
- 4-10-305. Appointment of representative.
ARTICLE 4 - CREATION, VALIDITY, MODIFICATION AND TERMINATION OF TRUST
- 4-10-401. Methods of creating trust.
- 4-10-402. Title of trust property.
- 4-10-403. Requirements for creation.
- 4-10-404. Trusts created in other jurisdictions.
- 4-10-405. Trust purposes.
- 4-10-406. Charitable purposes; enforcement.
- 4-10-407. Creation of trust induced by fraud, duress or undue influence.
- 4-10-408. Evidence of oral trust.
- 4-10-409. Trust for care of animal.
- 4-10-410. Noncharitable trust without ascertainable beneficiary.
- 4-10-411. Modification or termination of trust; proceedings for approval or disapproval.
- 4-10-412. Modification or termination of noncharitable irrevocable trust by consent.
- 4-10-413. Modification or termination because of unanticipated circumstances or inability to administer trust effectively.
- 4-10-414. Cy pres.
- 4-10-415. Modification or termination of uneconomic trust.
- 4-10-416. Reformation to correct mistakes.
- 4-10-417. Modification to achieve settlor's tax objectives.
- 4-10-418. Combination and division of trusts.
ARTICLE 5 - CREDITOR'S CLAIMS; SPENDTHRIFT AND DISCRETIONARY TRUSTS
- 4-10-501. Rights of beneficiary's creditor or assignee.
- 4-10-502. Spendthrift provision.
- 4-10-503. Exceptions to spendthrift provision.
- 4-10-504. Discretionary trusts; effect of standard.
- 4-10-505. Standards of distribution.
- 4-10-505.1. Power of appointment or withdrawal; claims of power holder's creditors.
- 4-10-506. Creditor's claim against settlor.
- 4-10-507. Limitation on action by creditors.
- 4-10-508. Overdue mandatory distribution.
- 4-10-509. Personal obligations of trustee.
- 4-10-510. Creation of qualified spendthrift trust.
- 4-10-511. Qualified trust property.
- 4-10-512. Qualified transfers; exception.
- 4-10-513. Other qualified transfers.
- 4-10-514. Action brought pursuant to provisions of Uniform Fraudulent Transfers Act.
- 4-10-515. Transfer by a trustee; time of transfer.
- 4-10-516. Election to become a qualified spendthrift trust by existing trust.
- 4-10-517. Rights of creditors or others with respect to qualified spendthrift trust.
- 4-10-518. Actions prohibited if action by creditor would be barred.
- 4-10-519. Multiple qualified transfers in same trust instrument.
- 4-10-520. Limitations on qualified trust property.
- 4-10-521. Avoidance of qualified transfer.
- 4-10-522. Limitation or termination of authority of trustee upon court decision not to apply Wyoming law.
- 4-10-523. Qualified transfer affidavit.
ARTICLE 6 - REVOCABLE TRUSTS
- 4-10-601. Capacity of settlor of revocable trust.
- 4-10-602. Revocation or amendment of revocable trust.
- 4-10-603. Settlor's powers; powers of withdrawal.
- 4-10-604. Limitation on action contesting validity of revocable trust; distribution of trust property.
ARTICLE 7 - TRUSTEES, TRUST ADVISORS AND TRUST PROTECTORS
- 4-10-701. Accepting or declining trusteeship.
- 4-10-702. Trustee's bond.
- 4-10-703. Cotrustees.
- 4-10-704. Vacancy in trusteeship; appointment of successor.
- 4-10-705. Resignation of trustee.
- 4-10-706. Removal of trustee.
- 4-10-707. Delivery of property by former trustee.
- 4-10-708. Compensation of trustee.
- 4-10-709. Reimbursement of expenses.
- 4-10-710. Trust protector.
- 4-10-711. Trust protector as a fiduciary.
- 4-10-712. Trust advisor.
- 4-10-713. Trust advisor as a fiduciary.
- 4-10-714. Trust advisor and trust protector subject to district court jurisdiction.
- 4-10-715. No duty to review actions of trust advisor or trust protector.
- 4-10-716. Power of trust advisor and trust protector to act after death or incapacity of grantor.
- 4-10-717. Fiduciary's liability for action or inaction of trust advisor and trust protector.
- 4-10-718. Directed trusts.
ARTICLE 8 - DUTIES AND POWERS OF TRUSTEE
- 4-10-801. Duty to administer trust.
- 4-10-802. Duty of loyalty.
- 4-10-803. Impartiality.
- 4-10-804. Prudent administration.
- 4-10-805. Costs of administration.
- 4-10-806. Trustee's skills.
- 4-10-807. Delegation by trustee.
- 4-10-808. Powers to direct.
- 4-10-809. Control and protection of trust property.
- 4-10-810. Record keeping and identification of trust property.
- 4-10-811. Enforcement and defense of claims.
- 4-10-812. Collecting trust property.
- 4-10-813. Duty to inform and report.
- 4-10-814. Discretionary powers; tax savings.
- 4-10-815. General powers of trustee.
- 4-10-816. Specific powers of trustee.
- 4-10-817. Distribution upon termination.
ARTICLE 9 - UNIFORM PRUDENT INVESTOR ACT
- 4-10-901. Prudent investor rule; definitions.
- 4-10-902. Standard of care; portfolio strategy; risk and return objectives.
- 4-10-903. Diversification.
- 4-10-904. Duties at inception of trusteeship.
- 4-10-905. Loyalty.
- 4-10-906. Impartiality.
- 4-10-907. Investment costs.
- 4-10-908. Reviewing compliance.
- 4-10-909. Delegation of investment and management functions.
- 4-10-910. Language invoking standard of this article.
- 4-10-911. Application to public funds of the state of Wyoming.
- 4-10-912. Application to Wyoming family college savings program trust.
- 4-10-913. Short title.
ARTICLE 10 - LIABILITY OF FIDUCIARIES AND RIGHTS OF PERSONS DEALING WITH FIDUCIARIES
- 4-10-1001. Remedies for breach of trust.
- 4-10-1002. Damages for breach of trust.
- 4-10-1003. Damages in absence of breach.
- 4-10-1004. Attorney's fees and costs.
- 4-10-1005. Limitation of action against fiduciary.
- 4-10-1006. Reliance on trust instrument.
- 4-10-1007. Event affecting administration or distribution.
- 4-10-1008. Exculpation of fiduciaries.
- 4-10-1009. Beneficiary's consent, release or ratification.
- 4-10-1010. Limitation on personal liability of fiduciary.
- 4-10-1011. Liability of successor fiduciaries for actions of predecessor.
- 4-10-1012. Interest of trustee as general partner.
- 4-10-1013. Protection of person dealing with fiduciary.
- 4-10-1014. Certification or affidavit of trust.
ARTICLE 11 - MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS
- 4-10-1101. Uniformity of application and construction.
- 4-10-1102. Electronic records and signatures.
- 4-10-1103. Application to existing relationships.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Wyoming may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.