2010 West Virginia Code
CHAPTER 38. LIENS.
ARTICLE 4. EXECUTIONS.
- §38-4-1. Executions against corporations.
- §38-4-2. Executions on joint judgments.
- §38-4-3. Execution for benefit of person other than plaintiff.
- §38-4-4. Writs of possession and fieri facias on judgments for specific property.
- §38-4-5. Execution or fieri facias on money judgment.
- §38-4-6. On what fieri facias may be levied.
- §38-4-7. How currency or bank notes shall be accounted for.
- §38-4-8. Commencement and duration of lien of fieri facias.
- §38-4-9. Purchaser for value and without notice before levy takes free of lien; payment or delivery to debtor without notice is without liability.
- §38-4-10. Docketing as constructive notice.
- §38-4-11. Docketing of execution.
- §38-4-12. Exemption from execution.
- §38-4-13. Indorsement of time of receipt by officer; penalty for failure to indorse.
- §38-4-14. Order of levy and satisfaction of several writs.
- §38-4-15. Rules concerning distress or levy.
- §38-4-16. Officer's return upon fieri facias.
- §38-4-17. Resale upon default of purchaser.
- §38-4-18. Writ of venditioni exponas; notice of sale.
- §38-4-19. Proceeding in case of death of officer before sale.
- §38-4-20. Time and place for sale of personal property under distraint, levy or order of court; posting or publishing notice; conduct and terms of sale.
- §38-4-21. Adjournment of sale.
- §38-4-22. Appraisal before sale.
- §38-4-23. Method and terms of sale of appraised property.
- §38-4-24. Payments on purchase money notes.
- §38-4-25. Judgment on defaulted purchase money notes.
- §38-4-26. Form of judgment on notes.
- §38-4-27. Disposition of surplus received by officer; disposition of money not paid over when execution stayed.
- §38-4-28. Liability of officer for money received under execution payable to nonresident of county.
- §38-4-29. Successive executions.
- §38-4-30. New execution when property sold is recovered from obligor on indemnifying bond or purchaser.
- §38-4-31. Motion to quash execution.
- §38-4-32. Limitation on motion for failure to return execution.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. West Virginia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.