2010 Code of Virginia
Title 55 - PROPERTY AND CONVEYANCES.
Chapter 4.2 - Condominium Act (55-79.39 thru 55-79.103)
55-79.100 - Cease and desist orders.
§ 55-79.100. Cease and desist orders.
(a) If the agency determines after notice and hearing that a person has:
(1) Violated any provision of this chapter;
(2) Directly or through an agent or employee knowingly engaged in any false, deceptive, or misleading advertising, promotional, or sales methods to offer or dispose of a unit;
(3) Made any substantial change in the plan of disposition and development of the condominium subsequent to the order of registration without notifying the agency;
(4) Disposed of any units which have not been registered with the agency; or
(5) Violated any lawful order or rule of the agency;
it may issue an order requiring the person to cease and desist from the unlawful practice and to take such affirmative action as in the judgment of the agency will carry out the purposes of this chapter.
(b) If the agency makes a finding of fact in writing that the public interest will be irreparably harmed by delay in issuing an order, it may issue a temporary cease and desist order. Prior to issuing the temporary cease and desist order, the agency shall give notice of the proposal to issue a temporary cease and desist order to the person. Every temporary cease and desist order shall include in its terms a provision that upon request a hearing will be held promptly to determine whether or not it becomes permanent.
(1974, c. 416; 1975, c. 415.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Virginia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.