2010 Code of Virginia
Title 42.1 - LIBRARIES.
Chapter 2 - Local and Regional Libraries (42.1-33 thru 42.1-45)
- 42.1-33 - Power of local governments to establish and support libraries.
- 42.1-34 - Power of local governments to contract for library service.
- 42.1-35 - Library boards generally.
- 42.1-36 - Boards not mandatory.
- 42.1-36.1 - Power and duty of library boards and certain governing bodies regarding acceptable Internet use policies.
- 42.1-37 - Establishment of regional library system.
- 42.1-38 - Agreements to create regional boards.
- 42.1-39 - Regional library boards generally.
- 42.1-40 - Powers of regional library board.
- 42.1-41 - Funds and expenses of regional library system.
- 42.1-42 - Withdrawal from regional library system.
- 42.1-43 - Appropriation for free library or library service conducted by company, society or organization.
- 42.1-44 - Cooperative library system for Henrico and Chesterfield Counties and City of Richmond.
- 42.1-45 - Transfer of properties, etc., of public free library to governing body of city in which it is situated.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Virginia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.