2010 Code of Virginia
Title 37.2 - BEHAVIORAL HEALTH AND DEVELOPMENTAL SERVICES.
Chapter 9 - Civil Commitment of Sexually Violent Predators (37.2-900 thru 37.2-921)
- 37.2-900 - Definitions.
- 37.2-900.1 - Office of Sexually Violent Predator Services.
- 37.2-901 - Civil proceeding; rights of respondents; discovery.
- 37.2-902 - Commitment Review Committee; membership.
- 37.2-903 - Database of prisoners convicted of sexually violent offenses; maintained by Department of Corrections; notice of pending release to CRC.
- 37.2-904 - CRC assessment of prisoners or defendants eligible for commitment as sexually violent predators; mental health examination; recommendation.
- 37.2-905 - Review of prisoners convicted of a sexually violent offense; review of unrestorably incompetent defendants charged with sexually violent offenses; petition for commitment; notice to Department of Corrections or referring court regarding disposition of review.
- 37.2-905.1 - Substantial compliance.
- 37.2-905.2 - Access to records.
- 37.2-906 - Probable cause hearing.
- 37.2-907 - Right to assistance of experts; compensation.
- 37.2-908 - Trial; right to trial by jury; standard of proof; discovery.
- 37.2-909 - Placement of committed respondents.
- 37.2-910 - Review of continuation of secure inpatient treatment hearing; procedure and reports; disposition.
- 37.2-911 - Petition for release; hearing; procedures.
- 37.2-912 - Conditional release; criteria; conditions; reports.
- 37.2-913 - Emergency custody of conditionally released respondents; revocation of conditional release.
- 37.2-914 - Modification or removal of conditions; notice; objections; review.
- 37.2-915 - Representation of Commonwealth and person subject to commitment; nature of proceedings.
- 37.2-916 - Authority of Commissioner; delegation to board; liability.
- 37.2-917 - Escape of persons committed; penalty.
- 37.2-918 - Persons on conditional release leaving Commonwealth; penalty.
- 37.2-919 - Postrelease supervision of Department; commission of new criminal offense by person committed to Department.
- 37.2-920 - Appeal by Attorney General; emergency custody order.
- 37.2-921 - Department to give notice of Sex Offender and Crimes Against Minors Registry requirements to certain persons.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Virginia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.