2010 Code of Virginia
Title 36 - HOUSING.
Chapter 5.1 - Virginia Fair Housing Law (36-96.1 thru 36-96.23)
- 36-96.1 - Declaration of policy.
- 36-96.1:1 - Definitions
- 36-96.2 - Exemptions.
- 36-96.3 - Unlawful discriminatory housing practices.
- 36-96.4 - Discrimination in residential real estate-related transactions; unlawful practices by lenders, insurers, appraisers, etc.; deposit of state funds in such institutions.
- 36-96.5 - Interference with enjoyment of rights of others under this chapter.
- 36-96.6 - Certain restrictive covenants void; instruments containing such covenants.
- 36-96.7 - Familial status protection not applicable to housing for older persons.
- 36-96.8 - Powers of Real Estate Board and Fair Housing Board.
- 36-96.9 - Procedures for receipt or initiation of complaint; notice to parties; filing of answer.
- 36-96.10 - Procedures for investigation.
- 36-96.11 - Reasonable cause determination and effect.
- 36-96.12 - No reasonable cause determination and effect.
- 36-96.13 - Conciliation.
- 36-96.14 - Issuance of a charge.
- 36-96.15 - Prompt judicial action.
- 36-96.16 - Civil action by Attorney General upon referral of charge by the Real Estate Board.
- 36-96.17 - Civil action by Attorney General; matters involving the legality of any local zoning or other land use ordinance; pattern or practice cases; or referral of conciliation agreement for enforcement.
- 36-96.18 - Civil action; enforcement by private parties.
- 36-96.19 - Witness fees.
- 36-96.20 - Additional powers of the Real Estate Board; action on real estate licenses.
- 36-96.21 - Powers of counties, cities and towns.
- 36-96.22 - Application of chapter.
- 36-96.23 - Construction of law.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Virginia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.