2006 Code of Virginia § 50-73.131 - Statement of merger
50-73.131. Statement of merger.
A. After a merger, the surviving partnership or limited partnership shallfile with the Commission a statement of merger on behalf of the partnershipsthat have filed statements of partnership authority that have not beencanceled.
B. A statement of merger executed by each party to the merger shall contain:
1. The name of each partnership or limited partnership that is a party to themerger;
2. The name of the surviving entity into which the other partnerships orlimited partnership were merged;
3. The identification number issued by the Commission to each partnershipthat has filed a statement of partnership authority that has not beencanceled;
4. The street address of the surviving entity's chief executive office and ofan office in this Commonwealth, if any; and
5. Whether the surviving entity is a partnership or a limited partnership.
C. Except as otherwise provided in subsection D, for the purposes of 50-73.92, property of the surviving partnership or limited partnership whichbefore the merger was held in the name of another party to the merger isproperty held in the name of the surviving entity upon filing a statement ofmerger.
D. For the purposes of 50-73.92, real property of the surviving partnershipor limited partnership which before the merger was held in the name ofanother party to the merger is property held in the name of the survivingentity upon recording a certified copy of the statement of merger in theoffice for recording transfers of that real property.
E. A filed and, if appropriate, recorded statement of merger, executed anddeclared to be accurate pursuant to subsection C of 50-73.83, stating thename of a partnership or limited partnership that is a party to the merger inwhose name property was held before the merger and the name of the survivingentity, but not containing all of the other information required bysubsection B, operates with respect to the partnerships or limitedpartnerships named to the extent provided in subsections C and D.
(1996, c. 292; 2000, c. 58; 2003, c. 567.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Virginia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.