2006 Code of Virginia § 13.1-764 - Change of registered office or registered agent of a foreign corporation
13.1-764. Change of registered office or registered agent of a foreigncorporation.
A. A foreign corporation authorized to transact business in this Commonwealthmay change its registered office or registered agent by filing with theCommission a statement of change that sets forth:
1. The name of the foreign corporation;
2. The address of its current registered office;
3. If the current registered office is to be changed, the address of the newregistered office, including both (i) the post-office address with street andnumber, if any, and (ii) the name of the county or city in which it islocated;
4. The name of its current registered agent;
5. If the current registered agent is to be changed, the name of the newregistered agent; and
6. That after the change or changes are made, the corporation will be incompliance with the requirements of 13.1-763.
B. 1. A new statement shall forthwith be filed by the corporation wheneverits registered agent dies, resigns or ceases to satisfy the requirements of 13.1-763.
2. If (i) the business address of a registered agent changes to another placewithin this Commonwealth, (ii) the name of a registered agent changes, or(iii) a registered agent merges into an entity that is qualified to serve asa registered agent pursuant to 13.1-763, the registered agent or survivingentity shall forthwith file a statement as required above except that it needbe signed only by the registered agent or the surviving entity and mustrecite that a copy of the statement has been mailed to the corporation onwhose behalf it is to be filed.
(Code 1950, 13.1-110; 1956, c. 428; 1958, c. 564; 1975, c. 500; 1985, c.522; 1986, c. 622; 2003, c. 597.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Virginia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.