2006 Code of Virginia § 13.1-664 - Shares held by nominees
13.1-664. Shares held by nominees.
A. A corporation may establish a procedure by which the beneficial owner ofshares that are registered in the name of a nominee is recognized by thecorporation as the shareholder. The extent of this recognition may bedetermined in the procedure.
B. The procedure may set forth:
1. The types of nominees to which it applies;
2. The rights or privileges that the corporation recognizes in a beneficialowner;
3. The manner in which the procedure is selected by the nominee;
4. The information that must be provided when the procedure is selected;
5. The period for which selection of the procedure is effective; and
6. Other aspects of the rights and duties created.
(1985, c. 522.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Virginia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.