2006 Code of Virginia § 13.1-635 - Change of registered office or registered agent
13.1-635. Change of registered office or registered agent.
A. A corporation may change its registered office or registered agent, orboth, upon filing in the office of the Commission a statement of change on aform supplied by the Commission that sets forth:
1. The name of the corporation;
2. The address of its current registered office;
3. If the current registered office is to be changed, the post officeaddress, including the street and number, if any, of the new registeredoffice, and the name of the city or county in which it is to be located;
4. The name of its current registered agent;
5. If the current registered agent is to be changed, the name of the newregistered agent; and
6. That after the change or changes are made, the corporation will be incompliance with the requirements of 13.1-634.
B. A statement of change shall forthwith be filed in the office of theCommission by a corporation whenever its registered agent dies, resigns orceases to satisfy the requirements of 13.1-634.
C. If (i) the business address of a registered agent changes to another placewithin this Commonwealth, (ii) the name of a registered agent changes, or(iii) a registered agent merges into an entity that is qualified to serve asa registered agent pursuant to 13.1-634, the registered agent or survivingentity shall forthwith file a statement as required above except that it needbe signed, either manually or in facsimile, only by the registered agent orthe surviving entity and must recite that a copy of the statement has beenmailed to the corporation on whose behalf it is to be filed.
(Code 1950, 13.1-10; 1956, c. 428; 1958, c. 564; 1975, c. 500; 1976, c. 4;1985, c. 522; 1986, c. 622; 1987, c. 183; 1988, c. 405; 2003, c. 597.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Virginia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.