2006 Code of Virginia § 13.1-609 - Certificate of good standing
13.1-609. Certificate of good standing.
A. Anyone may apply to the Commission to furnish a certificate of goodstanding for a domestic or foreign corporation.
B. The certificate shall state that the corporation is in good standing inthis Commonwealth and shall set forth:
1. The domestic corporation's corporate name or the foreign corporation'scorporate name used in this Commonwealth;
2. That (i) the domestic corporation is duly incorporated under the law ofthis Commonwealth, the date of its incorporation, and the period of itsduration if less than perpetual; or that (ii) the foreign corporation isauthorized to transact business in the Commonwealth; and
3. If requested, a list of all certificates relating to articles filed withthe Commission that have been issued by the Commission with respect to suchcorporation and their respective effective dates.
C. A domestic corporation or a foreign corporation authorized to transactbusiness in this Commonwealth shall be deemed to be in good standing if:
1. All fees, fines, penalties and interest assessed, imposed, charged or tobe collected by the Commission pursuant to this chapter have been paid;
2. An annual report required by 13.1-775 has been delivered to and acceptedby the Commission; and
3. No certificate of dissolution, certificate of withdrawal, or order ofreinstatement prohibiting the domestic corporation from engaging in businessuntil it changes its corporate name has been issued or such certificate orprohibition no longer is in effect.
D. The certificate may state any other facts of record in the office of theclerk of the Commission that may be requested by the applicant.
E. Subject to any qualification stated in the certificate, a certificate ofgood standing issued by the Commission may be relied upon as conclusiveevidence that the domestic or foreign corporation is in good standing in theCommonwealth.
(1985, c. 522; 1988, c. 405; 1993, c. 60; 2005, c. 765; 2006, c. 663.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Virginia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.