2010 Tennessee Code
Title 30 - Administration of Estates
Chapter 4 - Small Estates
30-4-102 - Chapter definitions.
30-4-102. Chapter definitions.
As used in this chapter, unless the context clearly requires:
(1) Affiant means the person executing the affidavit provided for in § 30-4-103;
(2) Court means the court then exercising probate jurisdiction in the county in which the decedent had legal residence on the date of death;
(3) Person means an individual, partnership, firm, business trust, corporation or other legal entity, and includes both singular and plural and masculine and feminine, as appropriate;
(4) Property means personal property, or any interest in personal property, other than personal property held jointly with right of survivorship, owned by decedent on the date of death, including insurance on the decedent's life payable to the estate but excluding insurance on decedent's life payable to beneficiaries other than the estate; and
(5) Small estate means the estate of a decedent in which the value of the property does not exceed twenty-five thousand dollars ($25,000).
[Acts 1972, ch. 687, § 2; 1974, ch. 529, § 1; 1979, ch. 81, § 1; T.C.A., § 30-2002; Acts 1997, ch. 426, § 12.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.